Translate

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Poem- “To Forget Popular Songs”

“To Forget Popular Songs”


Do you remember every hit?

Do… you remember, every, single hit?

I don’t.

We get so much music.

Too much music, really.


Do you remember every Elvis song?

Do… you remember, every, single hit from Elvis?

I don’t.

Elvis was singing a lot.

How can anybody remember “everything” Elvis ever created?


It’s very difficult to forget all songs.

It’s very difficult to remember all songs.


The human mind is questionable.

Even for my own mind, I can’t remember to remember to remember all.

It’s very difficult.


I do listen to Jazz hits.

I listen to the biggest hits from Jazz music.

But, man!

How could I ever remember everything?

Jazz has a long, long history of music.

Do you believe me?

Well, you should.

Music of the 1940’s was a generation of various genres of songs.

There was jazz, swing, easy listening, folk, country, and more.

Some kinds of music are now extinct.


Elvis was singing a lot of songs.

He had big hits.

He had small hits.

He had songs that were never hits.

So, if Elvis fans question my poem, I can tell Elvis fans,


“I dare you to listen to everything Elvis ever did and keep the same face.”


Why do I say this?

Because, honestly, I can’t listen to everything by Elvis with exact view.

Elvis was changing his music from generation to generation.

And, I know Elvis was more successful on popular songs.

Elvis fans may remember “Suspicious Minds” by Elvis.

But, I don’t think they remember “Confidence” by Elvis.

Obviously, “Confidence” and “Suspicious Minds” are very different songs.

How do fashionistas get so suspicious with confidence?


Well, we forget songs, as we get older.

We may get suspicious; we may get confidence.

But the memory goes to pass from what arrives to it without fix.

People forget songs.

It’s natural.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/To-Forget-Popular-Songs-921244284

No comments:

Post a Comment