Translate

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Videogame Review, Soccer for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Nintendo Switch Console)

Videogame Review, Soccer for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Nintendo Switch Console)


This soccer game is kind of a lame humor.  It’s really slapstick.  Atari did have a much, much, much better soccer game for the Atari 5200 console and Soccer for the Nintendo Entertainment System can only have exciting charm for novice procrastination.  From playing Soccer, I do get some pleasure out of it.  But I don’t find the “intelligent” sport really that intelligent at all.  If anything, this “classic” game reminds me of some of the odd aspects of Nintendo Entertainment System programming.  Sure, I do get pleasure, but I also get pleasure from making a terrible mistake sometimes.  You can find the gameplay in Soccer to be pretty cliche with historical importance.  Atari 5200 games were never really common.  At least, with Soccer, for the “common” Nintendo Entertainment System, you can have easy access to the past regarding video games in the 1980’s.  This easy access of 1980’s history makes the Nintendo Switch console valuable for online gameplay and learning nostalgia.  What’s the problem with Soccer?  Glad you asked!  For starters, consider the crooked gameplay.  The soccer ball looks and plays all wrong.  It’s like I’m working on a railroad.  The soccer ball stops and begins movement and stops and begins movement, again and again, as if my soccer player does not know how to run with proper grace of the soccer sport in the nature of the activity.  I know this.  During childhood, I was playing for soccer little league.  I was horrible at soccer.  But, I got to see what “soccer” was really like.  Soccer for the Nintendo Entertainment System is such a goofy, ridiculous program that the game in practice almost looks like a freaking comedy.  I don’t much care for the foot-to-foot, step-by-step running gameplay.  The gameplay improves when my soccer player is near the goal net and is trying to score.  There’s a “glowing arrow” close to the net that can help me determine aiming and precision with my points.  Unfortunately, the points are very basic and there’s no important “high score” to speak of.  Soccer definitely is poor as an arcade game.  Often, as is the case, there’s no vicious flash or outrageous tone that can give me “arcade flavor” with Soccer for the Nintendo Entertainment System.  Remember my video game review for Vanguard on the Atari 5200 console?  Vanguard was a challenging, hardcore game for the Atari 5200.  That game was a “real” classic.  Soccer for the Nintendo Entertainment System is a cute, dumb game.  It’s exactly the opposite.  It just doesn’t ring with me.  Or, if it rings with me, it’s for gentle humor with an obvious flaw of performance.  My reviews are not videos.  I know that!  I’m just pointing out the game with evidence in front of me.  I have a brand new trackball controller for the Atari 5200 console, so I know what I’m talking about.  The Nintendo Switch provides me with nice, strong colors and edges and crops for Soccer.  My wireless controller for the Nintendo Switch somewhat works fine for Soccer, but I feel that I need to change the batteries on my wireless controller a bit too often.  My wireless controller uses power even when I’m not using it.  So, depending on your budget, the Nintendo Switch library of old games can still cost you money, and I’m not even mentioning the LONG Nintendo Switch games that you need to play for dozens of hours.  Soccer is a pretty funny game with mild amusement of disorder.  Of course, if Super Mario Bros. 3 is a tower, Soccer is a marble, in comparison.  The game doesn’t last very long, the difficulty is only effective while I’m clueless for buttons, and, honestly, the Atari 5200 console had better modern technology for soccer sports video games that was just foul ball concerning limited natural resources for the video game industry in the 1980’s.  We have few Atari 5200 consoles; we have a lot of Nintendo Entertainment System consoles.  And, unfortunately, Atari’s best technology was not known to the American public very well, and the American public was jumping for the Nintendo Entertainment System, without judgement, before really examining what video games were already there.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Soccer-NES-and-Nintendo-Switch-921356517

No comments:

Post a Comment