Translate

Monday, September 18, 2023

Videogame Review, Stranded Deep for the Playstation 4 (PS4 Game)


Videogame Review, Stranded Deep for the Playstation 4 (PS4 Game)


With this game, I don’t have much time and I’ve got too much stuff. I don’t think this “game” is really useful for the general public. The program is very intense in some unique angles. It’s like a puzzle game. But, if this game really is a puzzle, the puzzle is missing some jigsaws. That is to say, the puzzle is missing some pieces. Unfortunately, even if I did have all the jigsaws or pieces to the puzzle, the Playstation 4 gaming console cannot contain this puzzle. The puzzle would be way, way too big if I had everything together for a theory of gameplay. By the time I’ve been searching in my hero’s backpack and have been completing knowledge of my backpack materials, the sun is gone and bats are creeping into my dangerous territory for the glowing moonlight. Uh… okay. How can I see at night? I don’t think night is exactly like “another sunshine” for humanity in real life. Of course, in this game, the program is a fantasy with imaginary camping. You are not so much “gaming” as you are “camping”, but only in an imaginary sense. This one is not for the senses; this one is just your imagination, even if your imagination does not reach the knowledge of wisdom for the task of surviving on a stupid island. Stranded Deep is a program with too many tools and not enough momentum. Instructions and guides are very lacking or absent in this PS4 game. I was digging into the island and making horrible management of my inventory. Sure, maybe I can “visit YouTube” and discover gameplay instructions, but my reviewing method does not allow me to really do that. I cannot keep on visiting YouTube when a videogame is confusing me. If I must know something, the game needs to tell me! The bad news is, Stranded Deep does not have very much instructions for gameplay, if at all. Also, I don’t think the general public would be able to understand the PS4 controller enough AND have knowledge of computer technology AND have extreme awareness of survival; so, I don’t think the general public would be able to figure out how to play Stranded Deep. When gamers do better in Stranded Deep, it’s acquired taste. Acquired taste is only a luxury for the best experts in the gaming world; everybody else in the gaming world is a sitting duck. If programmers do not pick up their sitting ducks and treat them well, the sitting ducks will die. That’s not a positive experience for Playstation fans who may not know very much about survival and just want to have fun playing racing games and Sonic games and Mario games and such. Besides, even if “someone” in the gaming world does have extreme awareness of survival, that “gamer” would probably ignore video games and spend more time at Walmart looking for real camping equipment for survival and camping in the outdoors. This is especially more probable for camping fans in California who like to climb mountains in national parks and explore the wilderness for delicious animal game. So, if anybody reading my review is a serious camping fanatic, I don’t think Stranded Deep would entertain you very much. The materials and equipment in this PS4 game are not very effective. In fact, since the puzzle game is missing some puzzle pieces, it’s not possible for Stranded Deep to be a masterpiece for any gamer on the planet. As evidence for my opinion, no professional reviewer on the internet gives this PS4 game a “total thumbs up” and the percentages and stars are always going down. Yeah, reviewers can give this PS4 game “stars”, but what happens when my hero looks at the stars and cannot say a word for his tools and equipment? The hero does not talk much. I don’t think this hero is very realistic in any sense of the term regarding survival events. Yes, the “game” was interesting to me for about 1 hour. Just 1 hour. That’s all. After 1 hour, I was stuck in the game and could not progress. This experience leads me to declare my rule for modern video games:


“When a modern videogame, a very long game in particular, does not allow me to progress within 3 hours, the modern videogame does not work. GAME OVER”


I call this my 3 Hour Rule for modern video games. I can play a new modern videogame for up to 3 hours. But, if the road ends within 3 hours, the modern videogame goes nowhere. Maybe a computer scientist would be able to figure out how to build another road again. But, if the road is “the end of the line”, I must turn around and go home. That means “Home Button”. As in, return to the PS4 menu and pick another game and hope I can play that game for longer than 3 hours.


A modern videogame with “speech” needs to follow general public expectations of speech. That means, if a modern videogame contains speech, we need to put a “time limit” on speech. We must receive an important message from someone’s speech within that time limit. If we do not receive an important message from someone’s speech within that time limit, “time is up” and the speech must end. And, from the speech we get, if we do not receive an important message, the speech was useless. The public does not have unlimited time. We must receive the important message in a reasonable amount of time. That should apply for modern video games with stories, movies, cut scenes, acting videos, “speech” and more. Gamers are here to play video games, not to manage loitering. Videogames are for playing, not for loitering.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Videogame-Review-Stranded-Deep-983203911

No comments:

Post a Comment