Translate

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Videogame Review, Pooyan for the Atari 2600


 


Videogame Review, Pooyan for the Atari 2600


Sears made a mistake. Do you remember Sears? Sears was a very famous market. You can see my picture of the videogame. The videogame is Pooyan. The cartridge of the game says:


“For use with the Atari Video Game System and the Sears Video Arcade”


Okay… uh… which Atari system was Sears talking about? The marketing grammar looks poor. The Atari 5200 was coming up. The Atari 2600 was rolling. Atari PONG machines were still a very recent memory. At times, the “Arcade” was a room; at times, the “Arcade” was a machine. What does Sears mean? Maybe Sears was experiencing chaos with their shopping madness. You can see the game. The game is Pooyan and it was supported by Konami. Do you remember Konami? How did Konami ever talk to Sears from that distance of long communications? It’s very hard to put the game into my Atari 2600 machine. The game does not turn on very consistently. The more I look at the game cartridge, the less I enjoy the design. It does not even look like an Atari 2600 game. Sears should’ve made their own videogame gaming console! Sears really needed that profit! Pooyan is the type of game that’s like a very superior demonstration without the proper contact. The fire controls always seem to be stuck for some reason while playing the game. My joystick is absolutely fine. In fact, my joystick is better than ever! But, Pooyan contains a very stubborn link system for the graphic icons. I am not always sure if my pig character can move without me. The wolves are very stupid, but at least they chew their piercing bark. Movement is always semi-voluntary. But, for some strange reason, I do “well” in the high score. (Some “high scores” for video games are actually false alarms.) The gameplay always looks disorganized and “around the corner”. It’s hard to describe this game. This is the only version of Pooyan I’ve played so far. The cartridge has a sticker on it with very pretty colors and images. Honestly, I think a poster would be more interesting for this Pooyan game. Sometimes, it’s really just the picture that is beautiful, not the game. A “game” is really about challenge activity. A picture can risk more distortion of physics for a pleasing image. Unfortunately, after the invention of photography and camera devices, any painting method for Realism became almost obsolete and unnecessary. Now, I can just take a picture with my smartphone and be more accurate with my imagery than most Realism painters. I think Realism would have been a great benefit for some serious video games. Pooyan was evidence of abstract for imagination and the fun was a modern wonder. Of course, do we wonder about Pooyan? Not much anymore. I am a very special person who can even observe this cartridge flaw. Technically speaking, the game is a combination of programming confidence and imagery theory, but the game refuses to be perfect on any nerd’s flavor of computation. The buttons just ruin to motion of partial input. I think this game is more silly than funny.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-Pooyan-for-the-Atari-2600-980297831

No comments:

Post a Comment