Translate

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Poem- "An Ornament's Curly Shapes"

Image result for nutcracker An Ornament’s Curly Shapes The classic wings of a passerine bend the throttle of a shooting star, As nutcrackers sail through the celestial sphere of their earthenware jar. *This poem is Christmas central with allusions about clay-making and birds. “Passerine” is an interesting word because it sounds like a train to me until I realize it has crow-wings. In this case, I’m imagining animals living in space. Can you imagine birds going through a jar? I have taste and reason over shapes and sizes due to my mathematical calculations. Since formal poetry is about counting syllables and using delicious sounds, imagination and intellect can be one and the same. Are there any almonds? You decide: I’m not in charge of the nutcrackers.

http://gameuniverso.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment