Translate

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Poem- "Primary Impression"



Primary Impression

My luscious contract with a fresh storm is vocal love as cordial,
Page after page without needle in pine mood to swim in Virgil.
*I wanted to combine my experiences of reading Virgil and watching early night rain into one piece. I mostly go natural here. I’ve learned so much English that lots of people don’t pay attention to, yet I have to defend my art. If you aren’t willing to ever take language apart, your career as a poet is at a dead end. Also, it’s good to learn new things. My poetry isn’t homework and I wish to leave it that way. Woe is me when I find a critic who always bounces back with obvious theories. Anyways, I use phrases like “luscious contract” and “pine mood” to describe my wanderlust for flying time. Rhyming something with Virgil’s name seems like a compliment to me! “Cordial” is a phrase that’s often used in the United States to describe candy; for example, my mom says, “I have Cordial Cherries in my purse.” And why not say that a storm is fresh; couldn’t I remark on the rain as if it’s a well made sandwich? Authority in language is important, but so is creativity. “Virgil” sounds like a place to me!

**Painting by Jean-Baptiste Wicar

No comments:

Post a Comment