Translate

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Dish Review, California Coffee



Dish Review, California Coffee


This recipe is very underrated.  I like the idea of having a dessert like California Coffee- brandy, strong coffee, and simple ice cream.  Here, I’ve used some ingredients which were available at my home during my normal breakfast routine from getting up in the morning where my parents work.  For my personal style of fulfilling the requirements of the California Coffee recipe I’ve used a shot of whiskey, a special blend of medium roast coffee at the strongest level with hazelnut creamer, and a quarter cup of vanilla ice cream made of the familiar white ice cream color and ice cream cone cookie chunks.  You must understand that California Coffee isn’t a very well-known recipe.  As of right now, there’s only one search result on Google’s top page under the key words “california coffee recipe”.  My mom has an aged, orange cookbook.  In it I’ve found the California Coffee recipe at its very basic formula.  Her cookbook is called “Betty Crocker’s Cookbook” and is dated from the Nineteenth Printing in 1973 (Golden Press, New York).  The recipe hasn’t been copied word for word- a lot has changed in the world and I’ve had to change some ingredients according to experiment and marketing.  Cooking is very much educational.  While it might look like I’ve added cherries to the coffee drink, I didn’t.  This is merely an influence of Betty Crocker’s recipe and not a form of plagiarism at all.  For one thing, the original recipe calls for the ingredients listed.  I’ve changed the recipe a bit due to the availability of ingredients at home with the hopes of creating my own style or version of said recipe.  You don’t actually dig into the ice cream or spoon it very much although a spoon can be a good idea for nuts and cookie bits.  It’s mostly a drink with some chew.  There wasn’t brandy at my house so my mom recommended that I use whiskey instead; Albertsons in our town serves a variety of whiskey bottles including those signature’d by Jim Beam.  Coffee at McDonald’s is really light.  At home, you can add more tablespoons of coffee for a stronger brew and, for this recipe, I’ve chosen to use 3 tablespoons of coffee for a small, regular 6 oz. coffee cup.  We have a collection of different mugs and coffee/tea cups at home- some hold 1 cup, some hold 1 and a half cups, some hold 2 cups, some hold 2 and a half cups and so on.  Because of the pretty, unique colors on the mugs I can grab one with a sharp memory of how many cups of liquid it can hold.  No need for prepackaged cups unless noted.  Instead, I’ll just take a mug, fill it with necessary water for the moment (warm, cold), and pour the unflavored liquid into the coffee machine for brewing.  Adding sugar and sweetener to the coffee before adding whiskey and ice cream is a good idea.  This morning I had my fill.  With a delicious brew like this cup and its low content of stimulants, California Coffee is sure to please.  Hold on… you don’t like taste?  Then send your feedback to your local, everyday companies and they’ll be just as careless about you.  I guarantee it.

No comments:

Post a Comment