Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Videogame Review, Zathura for the Microsoft Xbox (w/ RF Connection)

Videogame Review, Zathura for the Microsoft Xbox (w/ RF Connection)


Did you know there’s still airplanes which use VHF-20?  I found this out from going to the space-and-air port in Mojave about 30 minutes near Tehachapi.  RF connection for the Xbox sounds like a joke considering the audio video capabilities of Microsoft’s entry into the world of videogame systems but I’ve used RF (radio frequency) just to view the heat of battle through a stable, powerful interface.  Zathura is accessible; however, it’s a mixed bag.  We’re not talking about the wrong thing that is the right thing- just the wrong thing that is the wrong thing.  There’s right stuff here.  Compared to Abadox for the Nintendo Entertainment System (a very difficult game to play and get excited on) Zathura retains a lot of the chaotic universe with expanded horizons of 3D planes and moving your character around is easier on these hands than my eyes.  Oh, and using a used Xbox controller can be a hassle on its thumbsticks if they’ve been used a lot; at times, my camera will just suddenly “move” when I’m issuing no order on 3D exchanges of view.  So what’s happening?  Well, a couple of kids have taken out a magical boardgame sending them into space in their very own house.  It should be amusing rather than dull.  My awareness level came to me when I was booting up the Xbox game and saw a preview for a third-party company showcasing a child holding and managing his joystick controller.  Uh… I’m using the Xbox controller!  Are they trying to tell me that my controller is less impressive or something?  Certainly Zathura is a parody of itself.  Video from time to time gets scratchy when my viewpoints are shaking up on the screen in an effect I should find nauseating.  Like Abadox Zathura presents you with nearly-indestructible aliens.  One pair of rusty looking robots I had to shoot over 100 times before they went away; now I’m wondering how technology has really been.  You’ll find dialog scenes in which the characters will appear to sputter words like chipmunks in a presentation more appropriate for YouTube than the Xbox library of videogames.  The male, adult astronaut we run into early on looks distraught with information he’s only somewhat confident for while the chaotic universe runs its course across from planets made dead or hazardous by incoming Martians.  Viewpoints around the volcanic locations get especially horrible on the eyes; often, I’m jumping in places I think I should be in and the general fantasy slaps me in the face with illogical planes and playing fields.  How does kicking a machine with a toddler completely destroy it?  Although the fantasy is intended for entertaining my prejudice on adventures I believe Zathura represents narcissism on the front.  Players will be criticized for thinking it’s fun, players will be criticized for thinking it’s not fun.  Worlds of arrogance become set for disproving the very proof to disprove things with and an illogical mind will result from watching too much TV.   




No comments:

Post a Comment