Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2019

Videogame Review, Blades of Steel for the Nintendo Gameboy (w/ Brand New, Original Gameboy)



Videogame Review, Blades of Steel for the Nintendo Gameboy (w/ Brand New, Original Gameboy)


Blades of Steel was exciting on the Nintendo Entertainment System.  The Gameboy does a pretty good job in improving the formula with sharper clothes sets, radical crowds of fans, particularly interesting and random difficulty selections and intense battle on the hockey front.  You play a game of hockey; that’s Blades of Steel.  Catch is, you have to fight your way around the ice while having to dive into spaces and corners geared towards the popular winter sport in fictional matter.  Just the small little boxing matches between ongoing players gets me rolling.  No matter what difficulty mode selected you’ll fend off opponents and score points with the puck, and, everything looks very nice on the Gameboy for old portable standards.  We’re talking about the Nintendo Gameboy.  It was released in the late-80’s in contribution to the ongoing flow of the Nintendo Entertainment System; surprisingly, there’s a great deal of arcade-style games you’ll find in the Gameboy library and there’ll be deliciously sweet resemblance on parts to old NES games.  (NES is Nintendo Entertainment System.)  Random difficulty in some games breaks the deal for a player who is interested in really balanced gameplay and yet I’ve found the random difficulty here to be surprising and well because I’ve been going back and playing Blades of Steel to enter into new matches with odd, peculiar mechanics, enough to boost the system into high gear at a variable level so players won’t be so bored from repetitive CPU.  Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man for the Gameboy also present variable challenge.  Here, for this hockey game on the Gameboy, the cheerleaders look fantastic in dot matrix technology- or, for the Gameboy, what I consider to be a visual effect of dark grey shades over the Gameboy’s light green screen.  My reading lamp does a terrific job in providing me with so much light for the Gameboy screen; honestly, I’ve only paid less than $15 for this pole lamp from Walmart; it includes a reading lamp attached to the middle of the pole lamp and it uses a healthy looking light bulb with few electric watts in use for power.  The difference in reading power between a Gameboy and a Nintendo 2DS is like that between a paperback and an ebook.  Ebooks have screens with lights on them while paperbacks, like the Gameboy, provide dark visuals which need reading power under a light source such as sunshine or lamp-light.  Gameboy screens won’t be scratched so much as long as you take care of them: on this subject, I manage to keep dust, dirt, and debris off my Gameboy’s screen by using a reading glasses cloth or eyeglass cloth (the eyeglass cloth is mostly used for my reading glasses but I use it for the Gameboy screen to keep off dust, dirt, and debris).  Oh, yeah!  Whatever you do, don’t talk so much trash to the Gameboy while playing it.  During my recent gameplay of Blades of Steel I talked trash to my Gameboy and a little bit of spit flew from my mouth and landed on the Gameboy’s screen and I had to keep playing the game and keep my mouth shut from then on.  You’ll probably want to re-read my review to obtain specific instructions on care for the Gameboy screen and the whole Nintendo product itself.  Don’t add water to the screen; you’ll then rub the screen too hard and cause a scratch.






No comments:

Post a Comment