Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Poem- “Flaw of Love”

“Flaw of Love”




Alan Watts has the mistaken notion of love.
To him, someone loves life when he says, “I don’t know.”
Now this can be a very dangerous assumption.
Can someone be a philosopher from lacking knowledge?
In other words, can someone love Earth by not knowing anything?


Imagine if I asked a girl for a date.
She simply said, “I don’t know.”
And, by thinking she loved me, I took advantage of her.
We went to my house and made out.
I teased her on the way back to her dad’s house where I knocked.
Her father answered and became furious from seeing his daughter crying.
He asked her what happened, and she said, “I don’t know.”
The father looked at me angrily.
I explained that I loved her and she loved me.
Thus, our heated discussion really went off on a limb.
“Why?”
“I don’t know.”
“Hey, I don’t know what you’ve done, but I don’t think she loves you!”
“Sorry, sir.”
“Why is she acting this way at night?”
“I guess I was taking advantage of her.”
(End of story.)

That boyfriend did an awful thing, didn’t he?
He took advantage of her lust because she knew nothing.
She didn’t know where she was and just wanted to get out.
A philosopher must understand how philosophy affects the uneducated.
People aren’t going to warp in his head and see his gears.
Love is easy to fantasize about in personal wisdom.
Philosophy is very much a study on love.
But, how could someone be a philosopher by knowing nothing?
Maybe the chances are good, maybe not.
What if I said the following?
“We’re in love from knowing absolutely nothing.”
Such a statement only makes sense for meditation purposes.
However, if love actually revolves on communications, we must know ourselves.
Otherwise whatever love there would’ve been could be reduced to lust and risk.
Does a scientific philosopher like Alan Watts love the world by knowing nothing?
Excuse me, Alan, but I’m not going to risk our education and not ask.









https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Flaw-of-Love-805925336

No comments:

Post a Comment