Translate

Sunday, February 23, 2020

Poem- “Voice Heard”

“Voice Heard”
“I don’t know what I’m doing here.
I’m just getting my voice heard.”
That’s arrogant.
You might as well say, “I don’t know the answer, but I’ll raise my hand anyway.”
Your voice should be heard but please know what you’re doing!
The answer must be known first.
If you try guessing, you’ll get random results- all against you.
If you guess right, you won’t know it; if you guess wrong, you won’t know it.
Knowledge has this great power on us for a reason.
Someone may hear your voice and give you a false correction.
Someone may hear your voice and just listen to sounds.
Linguistics of sound isn’t always typically effective.
People may just want to hear your voice- not to listen, not to understand.
There’s also some huge limitations on voice itself.
Maybe people won’t hear you right, or, they’ll hear what they want to hear.
We don’t have to tell the truth to get a voice.
A voice can be heard for sweet lies.
I don’t want you to suddenly make a mistake without knowing this.
Get your voice heard if you know the answer.
If not, pack up your things and quietly leave the class.
Your class will only have so much effect in your name.
I’ve seen too many poets who only care about being heard.
What about text?
There’s technically no voice in text; yet, it can raise awareness levels.
People can understand each other without voices.
Besides, you have a mouth and you have ears.
What happens when you don’t hear or listen to what you preach?
You can actually have a voice while being deaf.
If you don’t even hear yourself speaking, what’s the point of having a voice?
I guess you can say arrogance isn’t sound.

https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Voice-Heard-831456645

No comments:

Post a Comment