Translate

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Videogame Review, Zaxxon for the Nintendo Wii Arcade (Arcade Download)



Videogame Review, Zaxxon for the Nintendo Wii Arcade (Arcade Download)

Zaxxon is rather plastic.  We’ve gotten reports over the years from players in communities and especially internet about how difficult it is to see what you’re doing in this “classic” shooter.  Particularly, the peach-colored laser beams covering many gates are practically invisible to the naked eye, and, my eye is very naked except for eyeglasses and naturally-born blue eyes.  You’ll be crashing into walls and enemies without being able to tell right angles from left ones.  Of course it takes courage to go up with Zaxxon into outer space against incoming monsters and thugs in pieces of metal.  Booby traps appear on those stages.  Now don’t oppose everything that I’m saying or else we won’t go anywhere in real paths of gameplay; then again, we’re challenging ourselves in video games and memory does play a key role somewhat in some old, vintage games.  Zaxxon isn’t so much memory-based as it is unique by perspective, maps, and dramatic effects.  Can I say the sounds at first glance are too powerful?  Who is this enemy, Wizard of Oz?  There’s extremes, extremes, and extremes of presentation as much provided for as it is countered for intuitive thinking.  But my intuitive thinking only works to a fault where degrees in camera angles don’t show the onslaught in perfected mastery.  Although Zaxxon is a shooter, the shooting takes place on a bad radar screen and I’m wondering where my window of opportunity is.  I’ve changed my mind to great length about the original Zaxxon arcade game.  Most gamers are bad consultants and poor achievers of thought and with good reason- so many video games just put this video on us that we have to take in for any kind of excuse for achievement where challenge is concerned and yet derailed by questionable, debatable technology.  Maybe a game would really be good if there wasn’t so much debate and fashion to begin with!  It’s quite simple- KISS.  I don’t understand it.  If I was actually in the space-plane while digging through quarters of enemies and if I could see out of my window in real life, there’d be no “camera angle” even talked about.  Does Jimmy Buffett go to the airport on a normal day and worry about camera angles?  But, alas, we have camera angles.  Video has been developed on over the generations and I don’t think this arcade original will pass our current radar of greats since windows of opportunity are often enhanced, expanded, and lengthened with virtues of continuation.  Also, Zaxxon brings you back to the very beginning of the game after a few mistakes- one ship, one shot, one life for each moment of opportunity.  I might as well go back to the beginning of a book whenever I miss more than 2 words!  

https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Zaxxon-Nintendo-Wii-830975720


No comments:

Post a Comment