Translate

Friday, January 8, 2021

Videogame Review, Arcade Classic 3: Galaga & Galaxian for the Nintendo Game Boy (w/ Used Game Boy Pocket)

Videogame Review, Arcade Classic 3: Galaga & Galaxian for the Nintendo Game Boy (w/ Used Game Boy Pocket)


It’s two games for one price.  So, what’s the price?  Color.  Nintendo was able to provide us with the Super Game Boy accessory for the Super Nintendo and give us this Game Boy game (Galaga/Galaxian) with a bang for your money in terms of graphics, visuals, shades and color when you use the Super Nintendo.  But this changes when you put the same Game Boy game on just either the original Game Boy or the Game Boy Pocket.  I’m playing this game on my Game Boy Pocket.  Playing the game on my Game Boy Pocket re-enforced my beliefs.  When I don’t have enough color for the Game Boy game, the enemies take over and I lose very fast.  I should know!  I’m the one playing this!  The Super Game Boy does a lot, lot better.  You can say that by me using the Super Game Boy and the Game Boy Pocket for Arcade Classic 3, I really appreciate color.  But it didn’t have to be this way.  Couldn’t Nintendo have just recommended the Super Game Boy more instead of pushing the Game Boy around so much?  The Game Boy Pocket does have “color” if black and white can be considered colors.  Scratch that.  Make it grey and dark grey.  The spaceships could’ve been bigger and more powerful in movement and fighting.  It’s not easy to look at the enemies; so, I’m not sure if concentration for them is truly possible.  Enemies in this game move as they should by arcade standards.  Problem is, when they’re shifting gears, I can’t see their massive equipment.  My lasers aren’t particularly helpful: light, dull appearance with almost no point of contrast for each laser.  Now I’m not expecting too much reality from Galaga and Galaxian.  We should know better about fiction.  Nearing a draw comes close until the relations are broken between flight and drift where battles are guessed within unavoidable imagination.  Do you like aliens who look like fuzz and debris?  I don’t think I like them.  An enemy needs to look like something.  Here, even on the Game Boy Pocket, the enemies still don’t look like anything.  And, I mean “anything”.  Anything, as in shape, form, color, dimension, angle, identity and more- the enemies just don’t have it.  I think a phrase such as “unidentified flying objects” was taken too literally when they programmed the game.  At first I thought there was dirt on my Game Boy Pocket before I realized they were aliens.  Yeah, it’s that bad.  The game involves repetition of buttoning controls together in gameplay.  I do like the buttons.  I’ll say that.  In fact, the Game Boy Pocket has excellent A and B while the Super Nintendo controller has “excellent” A and B, in buttons form.  From my observation, the portable Game Boy machine is more ready for action and less tiresome of organized means of entertainment.  Getting the right “click” takes practice.  But I can’t practice well if the enemies are identities worse than invisible.  Yet, under gameplay for shooting Martians, I practically have to use weapons as blind as a bat since the enemies… well, don’t look like anything.  The Super Game Boy presents my enemies with vivid, special details the Game Boy Pocket lacks.  Perhaps this game was made for that purpose: the Super Nintendo Entertainment System library of games including more of the rest.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Galaga-and-Galaxian-Game-Boy-Pocket-866504298

No comments:

Post a Comment