Translate

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Videogame Review, Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 for the Nintendo Game Boy (w/ Brand New Super Game Boy and Refurbished Super Nintendo)




Videogame Review, Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 for the Nintendo Game Boy (w/ Brand New Super Game Boy and Refurbished Super Nintendo)


It’s a coloring book!  Well, sort of.  Changing my mind about this game isn’t easy.  For one thing, Wario Land looks vivid and fantastic on my Super Game Boy; for another thing, Wario Land will probably hurt your eyes even more if you don’t do well with the Virtual Boy.  I’ve said it… the Virtual Boy is very underrated and this Super Game Boy shows why.  While you do get more colors, shades, lights, graphics and visuals with the Super Game Boy we have to remember one thing.  It’s still essentially “Game Boy”.  Looking into Wario’s worlds becomes a very colorful universe of bugs and errors.  I didn’t notice these bugs and errors before.  The original Game Boy gives us light visuals; so, when the bugs and errors are there, we don’t really see them.  But when I play this Game Boy game on the Super Game Boy, it’s almost magic, and then it’s a mess.  The Virtual Boy provided me with sharp focus for Wario’s world.  Here, on the Super Game Boy, some very odd things happen.  For example, I’ll jump at an enemy who is holding a spear and, without protection for Wario, I’ll somehow tackle him completely without getting hurt; as another example, I’ll use Wario’s alligator-flamethrower on some birds with totally random results; and, for even another example, Wario will soar into the sky under fishy mechanics.  Very weird… very weird.  I could’ve experienced these issues on the Game Boy.  I just probably didn’t really “see” the game well enough to tell the difference.  The Super Game Boy lets me see.  But, now that I see, I see the problem.  There’s just a random flow in gameplay and I don’t think people will have accurate knowledge from testing out the lives and deaths of Wario’s greed and mishap.  The concept is there.  But, I don’t think I “see” the concept in action.  Nintendo struggled.  I’m sure it’s not easy for artists to create fantasy that makes sense.  During gameplay, random, assorted colors and impossible odds kept me busy to lack of care.  I soon stopped caring about what was really going on; I just wanted to get through it and my eyes were really wet with slight pain.  The Virtual Boy doesn’t bother my eyes much.  Call this my personal estimation if you want: my experience was fun, silly, and despicable, but I’m now sure Wario could’ve been in a greater adventure with true perfection.  Wario Land isn’t a perfect game.  Sure, you may see colors, colors, and colors, but the colors, colors, and colors don’t develop the universe well at all.  So I could’ve just been playing with my Game Boy more on imagination than vision.  This makes me worried.  I’ve already played more than several Game Boy games.  Was I such a fool as I was?  Kids/children enjoyed the mess.  With a critical eye, there’s possibilities here.  My Game Boy game is used; my Super Game Boy is new; and, my Super Nintendo is refurbished.  Perhaps there’s a mixture of electronics I’m not aware of.  Then again, this is my best effort.  Wario Land is an easy game to beat when I don’t care enough; and, I “like” the game because I don’t care enough.  The Virtual Boy is obviously way, way better for Wario.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Wario-Land-Super-Game-Boy-868402949

No comments:

Post a Comment