Translate

Sunday, January 17, 2021

Videogame Review, Super Breakout for the Atari VCS 800 (w/ Joystick)




Videogame Review, Super Breakout for the Atari VCS 800 (w/ Joystick)


I’m a real customer.  You can see my console here next to the 4K TV stand.  The new video game system does put up a great presentation of Super Breakout and some other games.  Of course, as a historian type, I can’t exactly have the original “feeling” for Super Breakout because, let’s be honest, we’re in a new generation of videogames.  Super Breakout is like imaginary tennis.  If you’re wondering what “imaginary tennis” means, let me ask you this question: “Do you want to play a game that’s like tennis without actually looking like tennis?”  We’re dealing with a “pong” sort of thing.  There’s cavities, progressions, and double for consideration and you can have some extra balls for play.  I’m impressed with the mixture of fiction and fantasy.  In one sense, the game is like a simple scan; in another sense, the game is like a complicated ball game.  The double mode isn’t very much my favorite; however, my intelligence for super video is fantasized from colors and textures- my eyes can’t keep track of 2 bars and balls so often as the game demands.  It’s actually the cavity mode and the progression mode that spark my interest.  You play the game with the joystick by actually TWISTING the joystick.  Neat, huh?  The joystick is light, easy to manage, and fun to play with.  I can’t say the same for every game with the joystick.  In particular, I actually prefer the Xbox-style Atari controller for Asteroids since that arcade shooter requires immediate button presses.  My Atari joystick isn’t exactly “immediate”.  By experiment and skill, my gaming for it does compare to the Atari 5200 joystick while being quite different and more accessible during my lesser forms of attention span.  The Atari 5200 joystick is better for Super Breakout; but, that Atari 5200 controller requires my best attention even if I do better with it.  I don’t do as well with the Atari VCS 800 joystick (or, “joystick”).  At least novice gamers shouldn’t have much trouble with the joystick.  It does take practice!  My eyes aren’t what they used to be.  (For your information, although my father is in my DA profile photo, my father has never done anything for my Deviant Art page.)  What I like about playing Super Breakout on this Atari VCS 800 console is that I get very accurate paddle control with little error and I can kind of “push” the joystick when I need a little bias from control against the ongoing paddle balls.  Except for the double mode, the physics appear well to use in performance of entertainment and learning.  My 4K TV brings out the most my Atari VCS 800 can handle with ultra high definition.  I’m still figuring out the best ways to use my Xbox-style Atari controller.  Some Atari fans are right in pointing out that the Atari VCS 800 is a lighter system of performance, but, the Atari VCS 800 console often does what my own original Microsoft Xbox console “does not”.  Super Breakout is a great game for beginners and it stands out as a historical landmark in gaming and vintage technology.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Super-Breakout-Atari-VCS-800-867374476

No comments:

Post a Comment