Translate

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Videogame Review, Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Switch (Classic NES Game w/ High Definition)




Videogame Review, Super Mario Bros. for the Nintendo Switch (Classic NES Game w/ High Definition)


Are you watching TV?  Well, I have news for you.  You’re watching TV.  But, nothing is really “there”.  It’s just a TV!  TV is NOT what you watch on TV.  TV usually shows you what’s not in your house.  You’re not near Super Mario, or Bowser, or vines that “reach for the sky”, or the Mushroom Kingdom, or New York (maybe), or talking turtles, or mushrooms with eyes or whatever is in “the outside world”.  When you watch TV, you’re always pretending to see something besides TV.  “TV” is a pretending situation.  When you “stop pretending”, you may just really be pretending even more.  I know!  You’re going to say, “I love Mario!”  Great!  But TV is not Mario.  TV is not anybody.  Let me humor you a little.  I enjoy TRUTH.  But, so many players and gamers have ignored or dismissed reviews.  I know why.  When I tell the truth, it’s only “false” to pretenders.  And, since TV viewers pretend, I’m always false to them.  Hell, I’m even false to myself, because I’m watching TV!  We’re just figurative about pretending.  To play a Mario game, you must play pretend.  To play an old NES game, you must play pretend.  I may say “it’s realistic” from the very practice of gameplay on honesty in focus.  But nothing is there.  Nothing is really there.  Even VR (virtual reality) gaming is pretend.  It’s all pretend!  Excuse me, I’m watching my manners.  Maybe some gamers will laugh while reading this review.  Mario games usually are fun.  Oh, I mean THAT Mario; not some other “Mario”.  I don’t mean The Stupid Mario Brothers.  That’s from an old internet show.  Super isn’t always stupid.  Both super and stupid become proper objects for comedy.  If we’re so desperate, Mario can look real stupid on TV.  Super!  My reference is slight.  But playing Super Mario Bros. on the Nintendo Switch is the best way of playing our classic by modern standards.  The high definition (HD) even makes 8-bit graphics look waaaaaay better.  And, you don’t have to perform an incredible upload on the original Nintendo Entertainment System for this game.  I have modern televisions (TVs) that can perform the original NES classic.  The catch is, the Nintendo Entertainment System doesn’t have high definition graphics; instead, my modern TVs must downplay the vision to get the proper NES look by flat-screen standards.  A flat screen TV may not glow so bright.  The TV I have pictured does have some impressive glow.  (I’ve got a VCR and Intellivision hooked up; just ignore those for the moment.)  My Nintendo Switch can have some incredible high definition.  Our vision for TV is imaginary, you know?  Fantasy comes more alive because of TV.  As evidence, a great deal of old books now seem “false” because we’ve been watching so much TV without leaving our houses so much.  Want a mushroom?  Play this game!  Want a coin?  Play this game!  Want a princess?  Play this game!  You don’t have to go around the world just to see a freaking mushroom!  Hey, you can even look up “mushroom” on the internet.  Now, confusion does result from watching TV.  We just also learn from TV.  Period.  Oh, wait… forget the period.  You’re watching “TV” on your computer.  Your computer screen counts as “TV”.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-NES-Super-Mario-Bros-Nintendo-Switch-867675526

No comments:

Post a Comment