Translate

Thursday, January 21, 2021

Videogame Review, Missile Command for the Atari VCS 800 (Atari 2600 Game)

Videogame Review, Missile Command for the Atari VCS 800 (Atari 2600 Game)


How should I explain this game to a child?  Well, I can say, “It’s a game about aliens and fighting in war.”  That’s as simple as I can explain it.  But, I can’t say, “There’s no prejudice.”  It’s important to teach children the right thinking.  Danger isn’t the objective of war; however, it’s for protection and reality gets very surprising during battle.  War hurts us.  If there’s pain and suffering, we must consider how that impacts us in terms of emotional struggle and anxiety.  Children may not understand what exactly works.  This is unavoidable, since people must get born into nature and learn also from mistake and error.  Let’s say there’s no prejudice from playing a war game.  Okay, then why are people in trouble?  What’s the problem?  Do cities just disappear for no reason?  Does the planet explode without death?  Obviously, we can’t use too many euphemisms and be dishonest.  Being “polite” about war games can be very dishonest indeed.  It’s a good thing Missile Command isn’t real.  But we still have to understand that missiles are still missiles.  It’s not like making a weapon look funny exactly prevents us from getting the picture.  As a child myself, I knew that video games were often about battles and fights.  We should have fun with videogames; then again, video games trouble a lot of gamers and players around the world because they’re winning and they’re losing.  My little brother cried when I defeated him in Pokemon cards in our childhood.  Even adults can weep in agony due to defeat in videogames.  A child may ask me, “What are those aliens doing?”  Well, what should I say?  I can’t just say, “Well, their mommy is sleeping and they’re playing tag.”  Can’t say that.  I know so many parents want to protect their children.  But making lies isn’t the answer.  My parents talked to me about death when I was little.  I played games, but I wasn’t stupid.  Modern children often know that aliens destroy planets if they use enough imagination and wonder.  There’s some knowledge to it.  My Atari VCS 800 runs the Atari 2600 game well.  If anything, the new joystick is better than the original joystick.  Difficulty varies depending on numbers entered in options.  My joystick has very, very swift movement and works great.  Visuals and graphics look sharp and vivid in 4K and the 4K TV can be edited by color TV aspects for confidence.  You’re fighting aliens in this game.  If you’re fighting aliens, just say you’re fighting aliens.  Don’t make up some bogus story and ignore reasoning skills.  Yes, I know Missile Command is about fighting aliens, but so what?  Don’t aliens in the Toy Story series get into trouble?  Of course!  TV is a pretending situation and we should know better.  Think about it.  If we took away fighting from our conversations, how much would be left?  Probably not a lot.  We tell children to be good and get along with others.  That’s fine!  But we can’t look at their “fights” and make them out to be something else that’s not it.  Missile Command is fun, entertaining, and pleasing on a general scale of things.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Missile-Command-Atari-VCS-800-and-2600-867870968

No comments:

Post a Comment