Translate

Friday, October 29, 2021

Videogame Review, Silk Worm for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Brand New NES Max)

Videogame Review, Silk Worm for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Brand New NES Max)


Pac-Man is a yellow circle with a missing piece.  I know.  You’re going to say, “Hey, that’s not nice!”  But it’s true.  Pac-Man is a yellow circle with a missing piece.  That’s fact!  Silk Worm does have more visuals than Pac-Man.  It’s a shooter game with attitude.  Of course, my NES Max controller is a problem.  The NES Max controller does have turbo buttons and regular buttons.  Problem is, I can’t use turbo buttons and regular buttons at the same time and this impacts my vehicle controls with devastating effects.  There’s a natural need for turbo; however, when I use turbo fire, I can’t hold A while performing the turbo fire.  I can use both turbo buttons.  This kind of works for a car; it doesn’t work for a helicopter.  You’ll also notice some visuals don’t amount to the graphics of a feature presentation.  For example the 2nd level contains green helicopters that look more like lizards.  Abstract art from the past can get confusing for newcomers who are curious for history lessons of computer technology.  The Nintendo Entertainment System was not as much of a computer system as the Atari 5200 was.  Atari 5200 was having a keypad for both joystick and trackball.  The Nintendo Entertainment System normally doesn’t have a keypad.  You do get different types of NES controllers.  But, in the scheme of things, there was less computer function for the Nintendo Entertainment System, or, what I can also describe as “key functions”.  Key functions vary from system to system and computer to computer and calculator to calculator.  My helicopter gets jerky when I try using Turbo A.  Pausing the game seems very effective; then again, many enemies just don’t have their complete appearances of fighting and the bosses are weak as the game goes on.  Turbo fire does something.  Turbo fire doesn’t exactly “work” still.  Every boss has a weak spot.  Yet, for every boss, the weak spot doesn’t always show up in a flash and I’m wondering if enemies are really hit.  The 2nd level boss is easy for a chopper!  I simply fly my helicopter near the 2nd level boss with turbo fire and he dies in about 4 seconds.  I don’t know about you.  Don’t you think the 2nd level boss needs to be “the boss” more?  At that rate, he shouldn’t have come up to my vain hero.  Shooting is generally too easy, or, at least there’s the illusion of safety.  Turbo fire is either too much or too little and you’ll see random results with some distraction.  New ideas always come to distraction, one way or another.  I don’t always play a game.  I need to think about a game.  Silk Worm is a program I have little sympathy for and the characters don’t really convince me of their virtues.  The game is about creating too much technology that eventually destroys humanity.  I kind of believe that.  If that’s the case, most games for the Nintendo Entertainment System were probably destroying the humanity of players.  Even “playing games” can be a problem.  Some women in Sacramento, California will never date a man who plays video games.  Poets may even say that “gamer” is slang.  It’s too bad.  With games that don’t quite reach the mark, is it surprising that a gamer is often said to be lazy, stupid, vulgar, unorthodox and unfeeling?  We need to make new technology to prove that a gamer can be valuable and educational to gameplay.  So, for starters, let’s forget about Silk Worm.  Let the video game stores keep this game with the rest of the forgotten nuggets.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Silk-Worm-NES-and-NES-Max-896311899

No comments:

Post a Comment