Translate

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Videogame Review, Asteroids Deluxe for the Atari VCS (Arcade Game Classic)

Videogame Review, Asteroids Deluxe for the Atari VCS (Arcade Game Classic)


This is one of Atari’s best games.  In fact, Asteroids Deluxe is so good, it’s better than many PS5 games- not just in gameplay, but also in graphics and visuals.  Asteroids Deluxe is a shooter game with a herd mentality.  You get lots of asteroids, lots of UFOs, and lots of spaceships.  Your ship is a bright, glowing blue triangle with fashion and style that matches 4K TV effects.  My 4K TV shows me Asteroids Deluxe and it’s a beautiful sight.  Not only do you get Asteroids Deluxe with the greatest video today, but you also have an arcade machine in your own gaming room.  The game shows an arcade cabinet, window dressing, and glowing start buttons.  That’s right!  You get “glowing” start buttons.  It’s very much like the arcade and it works well.  The object of the game is to shoot enemies; however, asteroids are only one enemy.  You also get smart, intelligent UFOs and space aliens who crowd around you in clusters for you to pick off from one by one with fire, thrust (especially thrust and shield), and mandatory dodging abilities.  Your ship moves like a triangle in disguise of space technology by fiction of intense views.  From my TV viewing, I see bright laser graphics, excellent drawings, and realistic high scores for a fair challenge to someone like me who has confidence and talent.  You also get a shield and it’s very effective for my own suggested use with thrust against the enemy clusters.  Aliens will gather around in their personal orbits; in fact, in general, Asteroids Deluxe feels very personal to me while playing with my brand new Atari VCS.  I recommend Atari’s modern controller, not Atari’s classic joystick, for Asteroids Deluxe.  Asteroids Deluxe was a game that was more about buttons than joystick.  A classic joystick is more useful for games that accept the input and let you have excellent performance.  Some games, on the Atari VCS, do accept input of Atari’s classic joystick, but you have another controller- Atari’s modern controller- to find out what really works best.  Maybe my praise appears irrational to players with a bad experience with this game.  That’s understandable.  Even when Asteroids Deluxe is on Easy, it’s fairly difficult and not everybody is very good at evasion and privacy of gameplay.  Playing arcade games at home can make some people feel bored.  However, in my experience, I find the game fair enough to be a challenge I want to earn, especially with high quality controls and good comfort from fire button.  Keep in mind that most games on the Nintendo Entertainment System have nothing like Asteroids Deluxe’s means of defense and shield.  If anything, most games on the Nintendo Entertainment System don’t LOOK this good and I’m afraid Atari’s history of home arcade games reveals contradictions in terms.  Asteroids Deluxe looks better than many modern games.  It’s not a surprise we get Atari’s controller reference to Xbox.  You can pick off enemy clusters with fire.  I recommend using the ship’s “shield” to bounce close to groups of enemies before making a thrust in a forward speed of movement to partial safety with open degree of returning defense.  I don’t have a degree in Computer Science.  (Actually, I have associate degree education in Spanish and have some education beyond associate degree education.  That’s not bad for a mentally ill person like me.)  Asteroids Deluxe is simply a blast from the past and it’s still a marker for the future.  The game is dated.  Remember that our history of video games can have us enjoy some “old” games more than the original people for these old games did.  It’s not very unusual to run into an elderly gentleman who has never played video games very much if at all.  I’m a young man.  But, I still play “old” video games because I can die a happy man.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Asteroids-Deluxe-Arcade-and-Atari-VCS-896184746

No comments:

Post a Comment