Translate

Sunday, October 10, 2021

Videogame Review, Tetris for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ NES Max Controller)

Videogame Review, Tetris for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ NES Max Controller)


The controls are good.  The gameplay is good.  But, the controls are not maximum.  The NES Max is supposed to be maximum control for any game on the Nintendo Entertainment System.  It’s hard to review Tetris with the NES Max.  I want to say, “It’s good!”  But, if I’m supposed to have maximum control, and, if I don’t have maximum control… we have a big problem.  I need to believe in what my controller does.  I believe in it.  But, it’s not maximum control.  The direction pad is sloppy and the turbo fire is too much.  I enjoy the feel of the buttons.  Of course, I wish the buttons were something else.  You know?  Something else better?  Something else higher?  Tetris is a classic game for the Nintendo Entertainment System.  I can’t say that enough!  It’s a wonderful, beautiful classic game.  I get into the challenge with a great deal of comfort and the ergonomics cannot be underestimated.  A lot of NES games for the Nintendo Entertainment System are actually more painful than pleasing.  You know this if you’ve ever watched the Angry Video Game Nerd.  Still, I like to count the chickens “after” they hatch.  I can only know a game if I play it.  This is a harsh reality for some gamers.  Maybe you will hear something from gamers about the Atari 5200 despite the fact these gamers talk about the Atari 5200 and do not play the Atari 5200.  Commonplace critics love talking about games they don’t play.  Here, from my honesty of perspective and judgement, you can gain confidence when hearing something about my experience with Tetris with the NES Max.  The NES Max controller is at least comfortable without maximum control and that counts for something.  It depends on the game.  Tetris is a game for puzzlers.  It’s about floating blocks.  I’m playing the Tetris game from my NES Top Loader.  The NES Top Loader is more convenient.  I know players around the world have sweet memories of the original Nintendo Entertainment System design; however, that’s an illusion of quality.  The truth is, the Nintendo Entertainment System has been a struggle for programmers and even the Nintendo Switch can be tricky for old-school gaming.  I’m saying this in earnest.  Don’t you think Super Mario Bros. 3 is just chaos?  I think so!  Tetris is a relaxing experience, but it’s also stimulating.  So many modern games like Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto can be too much “out there” in terms of partial realism.  I enjoy looking at something like Tetris where the abstract art is a strong burst of fun.  It’s fun to go from game to game with the NES Max to see what my Nintendo Entertainment System is capable of.  Please remember that, even with fun and entertainment, there’s disappointment.  After all, aren’t you supposed to “lose” in a game sometimes?  Losing is too much for some players and they would destroy their TV in frustration.  I would never destroy my TV.  Tetris is fun enough to last me into the night.  Consider this review as a matter of disinterest.  If you don’t mind “good controls” with the NES Max for Tetris, go for it by all means.  Maximum control isn’t everything.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Tetris-NES-and-NES-Max-894510483

No comments:

Post a Comment