Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Poem- “Visiting My Doctor”

“Visiting My Doctor”


A doctor speaks on TV.

He’s a stranger.

Well, he’s not my doctor.

But he wants me to “follow” his advice.

He doesn’t visit me.

He doesn’t take my blood.

He doesn’t test me.

He’s far away from me and don’t know anything about me.

He doesn’t hear my heart.

He doesn’t hear my stomach.

He doesn’t look at my body.

He doesn’t examine my own chemistry.

He doesn’t look at my own arms, legs, or face.

And, he wants to give advice to someone like me, who is a stranger.

This is not good medical practice.

A doctor speaks on TV.

What really matters is MY doctor.

MY doctor.

My doctor visits me.

My doctor examines my body.

My doctor hears my heart.

My doctor gets information about me including personal history.

My doctor looks me over and can even touch me.

My doctor can even touch me.

My doctor can talk to me.

My doctor can study my blood, flesh, and water consumption.

My doctor can receive my blood test.

So, what does this mean?

It means “my doctor” has the right to give me advice.

My doctor visits me.

My doctor knows me a little.

The doctor on TV is just some stranger with fashion of health advice.

The doctor on TV knows nothing about me.

Giving medical advice to someone he doesn’t know is a bad idea.

Same goes for a doctor you find in a magazine.

Same goes for a doctor you find in a newspaper.

Same goes for a doctor you find in a book.

Those are not your doctors.

You need a doctor in real life.

That means, you don’t need somebody else’s doctor:


You need YOUR doctor.

You don’t need somebody else’s doctor.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Visiting-My-Doctor-896412848

No comments:

Post a Comment