Translate

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Videogame Review, Centipede: Recharged for the Atari VCS

Videogame Review, Centipede: Recharged for the Atari VCS


This is a new Centipede game.  And, it’s the best Centipede game ever so far.  Especially with having experience of the past Atari video game consoles I can appreciate Centipede: Recharged.  Difficulty is top-notch with the rest of the shooting.  Don’t think shooting is enough?  Well, how about 5 shots?  How about 3 shots?  How about a machine gun?  How about bombs?  How about a Centipede game with a variety of guns?  That’s definitely new!  And, it works well.  The Atari VCS isn’t always the most a PC machine can offer.  For one thing, just my receipts from Atari for Centipede: Recharged (like other receipts as proof of purchase) are very awkward to look at.  The receipts Atari gives me for the game look like they’re still in development.  It makes me wonder if I’m really buying the game.  Centipede: Recharged has a 1-life game for arcade.  That means, if you play arcade, you get 1 life.  I did previously see criticism to my point of view regarding the “1 life” thing.  But that was when I was playing the Nintendo Entertainment System.  The Nintendo Entertainment System has 8 bits.  The Atari VCS obviously has a lot more bits.  The variety of guns, bombs, and lasers help make the “1 life” thing meaningful.  And, to good effect, I just need 1 life.  The variety of weapons helps me issue orders of battle along the maintenance of 4K TV effects.  Speaking of 4K TV, the graphics are amazing!  The view of the battle field is smooth and easy on the eyes, and, it’s a vast improvement for the Centipede series.  I enjoy looking at the shaking leaves which bounce in such 4K TV effects as to make me go crazy over this stuff.  The controls are great.  I can’t say that for every game on the Atari VCS.  Atari’s Xbox-style controller has higher limits for the Atari VCS; however, I still get limits.  A videogame company probably expects limits.  As they say, “The sky is the limit.”  And, in Centipede: Recharged, we get a dark background with sweet neon colors that display heat and motion of battle.  I’m a reviewer.  But, I’m not a tester.  A tester has more information about a game than a reviewer.  A reviewer like me is basically an outsider.  Maybe I would come by the game and give a remark; nonetheless, my literature is limited when it comes to information about the game.  My review is a statement and not a subject.  So, take my remarks and comments with some doubt.  It’s okay to have a little doubt about a reviewer.  Centipede: Recharged is a wonderful game to view and play.  The outstanding controls can’t be praised enough.  Now I’m thinking that the “old” Centipede games were really having issues.  A lot of Centipede was good in the past; then again, it was “as good as it gets”.  I know my grammar is a little off there.  Keep in mind that I enjoy the Centipede game where it stands.  Achievements is another mode for Centipede: Recharged but I find the achievements to be excellent levels of challenge.  The Atari VCS can have some mixed quality when it comes to PC engineering.  Still, if you enjoy the old Centipede games, or, if you’re a newcomer, Centipede: Recharged is the best Centipede game I can recommend.  Shooting bugs has never been so much fun!




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Centipede-Recharged-Atari-VCS-894816387

No comments:

Post a Comment