Translate

Monday, December 6, 2021

Album Review, “Stunt” by Barenaked Ladies (1998)

Album Review, “Stunt” by Barenaked Ladies (1998)


This album is not a real source of information.  It’s old music.  What matters is, I can’t understand really anything from this CD album.  My CD did not even cost me one American dollar in money and cash.  It shows.  Fans of Barenaked Ladies would consider this a “classic” from the good old days.  Problem is, from reading the words and lyrics of the songs, I can’t describe anything and I don’t know what’s going on.  So this makes “Stunt” less of a historical document and more of a historical confusion of rumor and myth.  Let me ask you a question.  You’ve probably heard this album.  You were probably listening to these songs like “One Week” and “It’s All Been Done” and such pieces of music.  What did the band say?  No, really.  What did they say?  If you can’t tell me what Barenaked Ladies were saying, I don’t think it’s really successful.  Yes, we do get sounds.  Yes, we do get music.  But what did they say?  What were they talking about?  What were their stories?  What were their situations?  What were their events?  What were their circumstances?  Can you describe the album without making any mistakes with your description of the album?  Honestly, I can’t describe it very well.  I can’t.  “Stunt” is just… well, a stunt.  A really pointless stunt.  Kind of like most music videos.  You just never really get the story.  You don’t know what’s going on.  The English is not real.  You’re just hearing things and knowing nothing.  History from the 1990’s and 2000’s is lost forever as long as you’re only hearing “Stunt” and getting confused.  I’m pretty disappointed.  I would really like to know what was going on.  But, I’m just trying to listen to the music and I get no story.  Every story, for every song, is lost in the endless metaphors and limitless clues.  It’s an overextended stay of pleasure and humor.  You can tell from the cultural references.  I do get some clues and hints.  Some words work better than others.  But, I’m lost from the reading.  I’m totally lost.  I know nothing.  I know nothing about it.  Yes, I know I’m bothering you with this experience.  But, even for experiences, I often hear the sounds and get no ideas.  “Stunt” is full of false alarms, bells and whistles and I’m not getting any story.  It’s a complete state of ignorance.  You can tell.  You can read the words and lyrics and see what I’m looking at.  Come on!  You can look up the songs on the internet and search for lyrics and words to the songs.  I’m not exactly responsible for what you do.  But, I’m responsible for my honesty of knowledge to the ignorance of it all.  I look at the words.  I look at the lyrics.  But, from trying to read the words and lyrics, there’s no understanding.  So why are the words here?  My CD album has a description of the songs.  But, the description begins and ends with no meaning.  So, is history lost on Barenaked Ladies for “Stunt” as such?  It is.  This is not original music.  It’s a confusing mess.  Young people today don’t understand this music.  You know what?  I don’t understand it.  I never have.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Stunt-Barenaked-Ladies-Music-900029293

No comments:

Post a Comment