Translate

Thursday, December 9, 2021

Videogame Review, Abadox for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Brand New NES Max Controller)

Videogame Review, Abadox for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Brand New NES Max Controller)


I must describe my experience and be careful of telling readers what I know.  Yes, I have some knowledge.  But I must describe my experience instead of using special words to pretend that I’m really providing readers with information they understand, especially when they don’t understand and I’m using special vocabulary with no connection to other people and their minds.  For example, I can say, “Abadox is a disgusting game with violence and gross visuals.”  For being an outsider to Abadox, you have the key to understanding such a concept because it’s more elementary in description and analysis.  However, I can’t say, “A tongue is floating under drops of blue, deadly liquid.”  Why?  Because you don’t have the key for understanding such a comment as that one.  You have no idea what that means.  I’m still telling you what I know with the 2nd comment; however, you only have the key to understanding for the 1st comment.  The 2nd comment is a detail with background noise for the story.  Unless you really know the game, you have no key for understanding it.  So, I must watch my mouth and keep confidence for meaningful comments and not just express private knowledge with special words that readers can’t exactly connect to with public language.  On one hand, I can describe my experience; on the other hand, I can’t just tell you what I know.  I can describe my experience with the NES Max controller for Abadox.  Abadox is a shooting game with odd, dumbfounded fantasy.  I feel silly from looking at the game.  The NES Max controller is supposed to have “maximum control” but this is doubtful.  For one thing, the NES Max controller is a rare item for the old videogames you can probably easily find depending on supply and demand.  eBay is supply and demand in the market.  If there’s maximum control, there’s a greater amount of maximum control for firing and fire buttons.  Moving my ship with the unique direction pad requires a higher amount of effort with my left arm and left hand; if anything, my left arm kind of hurts from moving my ship with the NES Max controller and I even broke a fingernail (a little) from my right hand while holding the controller during intense gameplay.  You can understand some of my new ideas from the knowledge you have of hands and fingers.  In fact, since you have fingers and hands, you can understand what I mean when I talk about “my hands” and “my fingers”.  There’s definitely a strange balance of ergonomics with the controls.  Ergonomics often just refers to comfort from having a gameplay experience with a controller for the hands and body.  It matters!  Abadox is a very, very hard shooter; so hard that, from getting into the alien creature, I don’t have much space with my ship and moving around in the alien creature becomes a disorderly fashion that I don’t have good hands for.  You can’t play a game well if you don’t have good hands.  In particular, from having my own personal issues and mental disability, my hands can’t quite connect to the gameplay in question.  It’s a very hard game.  Of course, I know what’s in the game.  So, even if the game is hard, I don’t find it really challenging.  I was thinking something different in the past about Abadox regarding challenge.  But with getting into Abadox more I realize that I spend more time remembering visuals and less time getting a real, progressive challenge of shooting for the awkward gameplay.  We do get effects from the game.  Most of the effects are just not very direct and I end up drifting in space while waiting for the unstoppable quits.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Abadox-NES-and-NES-Max-Controller-900320588

No comments:

Post a Comment