Translate

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Videogame Review, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for the Playstation 5 (PS5 Game)

Videogame Review, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 for the Playstation 5 (PS5 Game)


The name of this PS5 game is confusing.  Is it Puyo Puyo “Tetris” 2?  Or, Puyo Puyo “Tetris 2” as such?  I was reading “Tetris” 2 as “Tetris 2”.  As you could imagine, that’s really confusing.  You don’t get Tetris 2 with Puyo Puyo.  You get Tetris 1 with Puyo Puyo.  The “2” number indicates the sequel to the Puyo Puyo Tetris formula.  This game was “made” for beginners.  Of course, I’m not really feeling up to it myself.  You get a story mode; however, the story mode is usually just puppet work with the plain video and you don’t get a movie.  For the most part, by “movie”, I mean events in the happening and flow of video.  The story mode does have “talk” for the story.  And, yet, it’s usually just a puppet show without actual events going on.  If you play Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 you notice that the story mode is pretty much void of cinema movie theater effects.  You will mostly just see “puppets” doing their work and you can see the digital strings of information.  Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is certainly a puppet show when you look at it with my metaphors.  It’s not exactly Sega’s fault.  We get some powerful graphics with the Tetris blocks and Puyo Puyo blobs.  In fact, if you unlock content, there’s more to see.  What I’m saying is that I’m not able to “see” much with the story mode.  Characters so often mention events taking place that I never see and I’m only able to imagine for hours of gameplay and reading.  There can be more reading than gameplay.  When playing story mode, I feel like I’m reading a boring instruction manual for too long; I will even see commonplace literary descriptions like “the girl with the red hat” or “you’re just in time for my experiment” and etc.  A problem with Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is that we get two worlds.  No, the worlds are not just Puyo Puyo and Tetris!  You also get “video” and “literature”.  You’re supposed to see video.  But, then again, you’re still reading a lot.  And reading a lot can interfere with the game’s looks, visuals, and graphics.  It’s quite simple: when you read boring text, the fantastic game soon gets boring, too.  We need action!  Do you know what I mean?  Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is not Hollywood.  In fact, from getting so bored with Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, I can appreciate Hollywood’s great movies, so much more!  Unlimited entertainment also means unlimited boredom.  With unlimited entertainment, you can be bored, forever.  It would be really nice to see some of Sega’s powerful limits for Sonic the Hedgehog instead of looking at unlimited 2nd-rate videos.  At least my PS5 controller is up to the task.  Playing for up to 150 lines of Tetris is still very challenging for me.  In fact, for almost everybody, 150 lines of Tetris takes a tremendous effort.  Unfortunately, the PS5 game has a menu that disturbs the options and tools available and I must find ways to break up the links into results.  For example, changing the colors of blocks and blobs is not always possible with the 1st Player connection, so I have to dig up data with the risk of sinking into too much information.  Basically, that’s what Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 is- that is, “too much information” or TMI.  I can be polite for the story to play along.  Then again, with chaos and disorder from the game’s literature, I don’t see enough happening to break the spell of impersonal data.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Puyo-Puyo-Tetris-2-PS5-Game-902226775

No comments:

Post a Comment