Translate

Monday, January 17, 2022

Restaurant Review, Maria’s Mexican in Custer, South Dakota




Restaurant Review, Maria’s Mexican in Custer, South Dakota


I’m reviewing this nice restaurant from my previous experience.  It’s a beautiful restaurant.  Of course, the food is usually more basic and simple.  I’m from California.  This previous experience was from my trip to some states in the west.  The restaurant is located near some nice trees that look so country and mysterious at night.  If you walk into the Mexican restaurant, you will see plenty of decoration and my bus tour group was feeling easy and relaxed at such a late part of night.  For dinner, I decided to go with the beef steak fajita.  Even our bus tour guide did not know what my food was, at first.  Then, when me and the rest of the group saw the beef steak fajita, it was all working like magic.  Like I’ve said, they serve mostly basic and simple food here.  The fajita sauce is very unique.  What’s interesting, is the chips and salsa, because the chips and salsa also come with beans for dipping.  I don’t see beans with chips and salsa very often in California.  That’s very interesting.  Having beans with mild red salsa does take the edge off of a long trip into this rural area.  If you’re traveling to Custer, make sure you don’t drink too much and make sure you bring a nice pillow.  It’s good for a bus tour trip.  When visiting the restaurant I was noticing the decorations on the walls.  The environment is very comfortable.  From the rumors I hear, restaurants in Custer close earlier for the night.  Nevada and Arizona have more late-night entertainment.  As we were going by on our bus I saw a nice little pizza restaurant close to Maria’s Mexican restaurant.  Custer is most certainly a place for country comfort.  Maria’s Mexican restaurant serves soup, fajitas, tacos, burritos and not much else.  The restaurant could’ve done better with sauces and spices.  We have to keep in mind that this is a Mexican restaurant in a small town near lots of trees near Mount Rushmore.  I was enjoying the experience late last year around fall schedule.  It was easy to be happy with other guests and the hard-working crew.  In fact, I was waiting a long time for my beef steak fajita because the restaurant was working later than usual.  It was a privilege to taste their wonderful steak and sauce combination.  Our trip was still exhausting for me a week later.  You can get drink refills, hot soup, and people who go with the flow.  There was so much excitement for all of us, and, we were hungry for another bite.  I’m already very familiar with the basic Mexican food items such as tacos and burritos and I hope customers really enjoy them in this part of America.  They should get more nachos.  That’s for sure!  I’ve been to better Mexican restaurants.  But, for the pleasure, and, for the trip, it was a memorable moment at Maria’s Mexican restaurant.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Maria-s-Mexican-Custer-South-Dakota-904199919

No comments:

Post a Comment