Translate

Friday, January 21, 2022

Videogame Review, Super Pac-Man for the Arcade (w/ New Atari VCS Console)

Videogame Review, Super Pac-Man for the Arcade (w/ New Atari VCS Console)


The gameplay is too random.  A player picks up a controller, “does” random moves (without control); and, from getting excited, and, from his love of nice graphics and dazzling effects,  accepts the illusion of quality and walks away to the next arcade machine.  Does this sound familiar?  It’s a common story about arcade machine games.  This is Super Pac-Man for the arcade on my new Atari VCS console.  Describing the game is difficult.  When you boil it down, the game is experimental, chaotic, and lacking connection.  Controls for the game are so bad that I begin to “like” the bad controls just to enjoy the illusion of quality.  We don’t find quality in this game.  It’s too random, too disorderly, and too messy.  Sure, I like nice graphics, but I need to be doing something real for the challenge.  Pac-Man was also a nonsensical cartoon character on TV.  Super Pac-Man is a game about Pac-Man’s body inflation.  (You can even see a ghost have body inflation!)  Do not play the joystick.  The joystick does not work; and, the problem is, even when the joystick does not work, the joystick really does work.  The joystick works and it does not work for that reason- it works!  What do you expect from a name like Super Pac-Man?  Atari’s Xbox-style controller is your best method.  Super Pac-Man is one of the best mistakes in video games.  It’s a very good mistake.  But, it’s still a mistake.  Nice graphics do take a greater role for Pac-Man on this program.  Sometimes, I really like bad controls.  I HATE good controls!  Damn it, I want BODY INFLATION!!!  Lol.  Just kidding.  It’s impossible to enjoy both Pac-Man AND Super Pac-Man.  This is impossible to do.  Pac-Man and Super Pac-Man are different games.  You can’t like both games, and, you can’t like both games the same way, the same day, in the same manner.  This is impossible to do.  If you like Super Pac-Man, you probably do not like Pac-Man; and, if you do not like Super Pac-Man, you probably like Pac-ManPac-Man is better than Super Pac-Man.  Only players with false emotions enjoy all habits and qualities.  I do get pleasure from Super Pac-Man.  In fact, I have a lot of fun and entertainment with Super Pac-Man.  But my happy thoughts do not change the reality of poor quality from the game.  It’s a maze game.  It’s a very, very big maze game.  I’m one of the “best players” on EARTH for Super Pac-Man (by online leaderboards) and I still do not really like Super Pac-Man that much.  So, can you imagine an “average Pac-Man fan” enjoying all this?  NO WAY!!!  Only a crazy person thinks like that!  The history of Pac-Man is full of surprises.  The history of Pac-Man is full of new ideas.  I love the fruit, I love the food, I love the power-ups, I love the graphics, I love the sounds, and I love the “theory” of challenges and goals.  But, without quality, I will never get the habit for Super Pac-Man.  You can only get the habit with quality.  Players do get very surprised with Super Pac-Man.  Of course, we need a better surprise to manage.  Super Pac-Man is one of the very best mistakes of video games.  (It’s a good mistake.  But, it’s still a mistake.)




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Super-Pac-Man-Arcade-and-Atari-VCS-904604006

No comments:

Post a Comment