Translate

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Poem- “Irrelevant Literacy Skills”


“Irrelevant Literacy Skills”


Many readers are “sick” while they read.

It’s a sad case of irrelevant literacy skills for my poetry.

If I sound “sick” to you, there’s something wrong with you.


Sick readers will:


Cough when they read.

Grunt when they read.

Mumble when they read.

Gasp when they read.

Bite when they read.

Disturb when they read.

Mock when they read.

Curse when they read.

Anger when they read.

Rage when they read.

Tremor when they read.

Quake when they read.

Bother when they read.

Flip when they read.

Scratch when they read.

Rip when they read.

Mess when they read.

Corrupt when they read.

Interrupt when they read.

Stare when they read.

Glare when they read.

Remove when they read.

Lie when they read.

Uncorrect when they read.

Abrupt when they read.

Etc.



I never force sick readers to look at my poetry.

If you are sick, please stop reading my poetry and call a doctor.

I am a poet.

I have an audience for my poetry.

But, I cannot allow sick readers to spread false emotions in my audience.

If you are sick, please leave and call a doctor.

I am not a doctor.

I am a poet.

If you need a doctor, you are looking in the wrong place.

Think about it carefully.

Do you go to a poetry center and purchase medicine?

No, of course not.

If you are sick, you probably need to go to a hospital.

I am here to entertain.

I am a poet.

If you are sick, you are too sick to be at the poetry center.

My poetry would be just fine for a poetry center because I am not sick right now.

If you are sick, you will not read my book very well.

That’s why sick readers need to take a day off from school.

Sick readers should not read.

They need to take their medicine, go to bed, and rest.

I do not want a sick reader to “vomit” on my poetry literature.

That would be very disgusting and unhealthy.

Read my poetry when you are healthy enough.

If you are sick, go somewhere else and recover from the world.

It’s probably not your fault.

But, if you read my poetry when you are sick, you will make my poem “sound” sick.

I do not want to “sound” sick when I am not sick.

I know what my voice is like right now and I know I am not sick.

Right now, I sound like a happy philosopher, not a cocky idiot.

If you are sick, leave my poetry alone for a while.

Sick readers should not read my poetry when I am not sick.

That’s a cause of irrelevant literacy skills.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Irrelevant-Literacy-Skills-986232751

No comments:

Post a Comment