Translate

Monday, February 4, 2019

Controller Review, 3rd-Party Sega Saturn Controller (Unknown Brand)



Controller Review, 3rd-Party Sega Saturn Controller (Unknown Brand)


It won’t fit.  There’s nothing I can really do to get my controller into the Sega Saturn without breaking it, so I’m not going to even try.  A controller like this isn’t quite environmentally friendly because I can’t fit it into the Sega Saturn and I would have to break my Sega Saturn to get it to fit.  Many 3rd-party controllers of this kind have been passed into our marketplace for video games during the rush of the holidays as Black Friday means terror and destruction not only for would-be shoppers at Walmart but also for gamers who have been frustrated and angry over the years enough to actually break something.  Of course luckily I haven’t been frustrated or angry about the Sega Saturn and refuse to risk breaking my system with a hard-to-insert controller.  While the grip, comfort, and design of the 3rd-party controller I have seem remarkable there’s too much plastic on its connector and it doesn’t go well with the Sega Saturn’s metallic controller port parts.  Sometimes I’ve run into similar problems with the Atari 5200 controller by Atari due to this plastic-to-metal drama: how to connect, where, and however.  Saturn consoles do certainly have their mass, weight, and demonstration of material geared up for disk-loading action and maybe the 3rd-party company responsible for this controller wanted to use less metal for our pleasure with cheapening products.  A product can get more fun from letting us spend fewer dollars on it, but what happens when it fails?  I’ve bought a refurbished Sega Saturn console with this controller and, due to time constraints, due to budgeting procedures, I can’t just risk hurting my poor little videogame console with an inferior device which might have very touchable buttons but also has a bad connector.  3rd-party developments have generally been hard for the Sega Saturn in proportion to its odd 32-bit base.  You guys are better off purchasing Sega’s own controllers for the Saturn since those “always” work.  Controllers have been made for the Saturn.  However, I’m not going to recommend anything I haven’t played with unless there’s a failure with it before I can start.  Various games made by Atari from the past have failed, too.  Fitting pieces of metal and plastic with each other can make or break the system or add-on peripheral.  Only get this controller if you’re willing to waste money and break your Saturn; then again, if you sold that broken stuff back to me I’d probably be ticked with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment