Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Videogame Review, Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy’s Invention for the Sega Genesis Console



Videogame Review, Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy’s Invention for the Sega Genesis Console


“Congratulations!  You’ve been tortured since childhood on a voluntary basis and have nothing to show for it.”  I’d rather watch the “Ren and Stimpy” cartoons.  This Genesis game for it, however, puts a wrench on the controller as my own eyes are wrenched to my TV’s unreliable 2D.  Different visuals, graphics, sounds, and play suggest the dirt and filth we expect from very abstract cartoonists who may pull it at all stops before anybody can even start with them.  Odd metaphors are illustrated in rich, vibrant colors… too rich, and too vibrant, for which Ren with his pal Stimpy can conjure up all the magic from garbage in order to dance at a school play.  Is the grey horse dirty?  That all depends.  Is the chihuahua dirty?  That all depends.  Is the blue chicken dirty?  That… okay, that’s just getting weird, and I’d applaud on the weirdness if I wasn’t required to do dumb, stupid, irritating methods of investigation into these visuals. Controls for this game suck; in fact, even if my Genesis controller turned into a vacuum cleaner, it’d still suck.  Traction, or goals within implementation and completion, reveals enough about the light for Ren and Stimpy on their progress for recycling in a city far away from here and I guess there’s praise in my heart for their deepening isolation apart from me.  I didn’t know the Sega Genesis until it was halted in production; I didn’t know the Sega Saturn until it was halted in production; only the Sega Dreamcast was Sega’s console known by me during its production.  A lot of brave, young men have suffered near the Sega Genesis for games like Stimpy’s Invention- that is, for games that should’ve just been TV videos.  When I watch a video on TV I can relax, eat popcorn, scratch my back, study the visuals better, and so on… on the other hand, video games are intense, require heavier participation, tag goals, and exhibit physically intellectual challenge.  So many kids from the 90’s weren’t just going to dive into the world of Ren and Stimpy and start doing really ridiculous activities; it violated common sense, it violated good nature.  Gamers in small proportions may still enjoy this game.  If they do, I might as well sing lullabies to their leftover pizza, or chase green bubbles all over their houses, or kick a poodle with another poodle’s army boot, or something STUPID like that.  That’s what the show is about: fancy procrastination.  The TV show can be very original and pleasing to the naked eye while this Genesis game churns out the worst in terms of course design, goals, and completed tasks.



No comments:

Post a Comment