Translate

Saturday, February 9, 2019

“Conversation with the Artist”

“Conversation with the Artist”


Person A:  “I’m going on a walk.  That’s the truth.”

Person B: “THE TRUTH?!  THE TRUTH?!  NO!  PEOPLE WILL BE FRIGHTENED!  YOU’LL OFFEND THEIR CHILDREN!  EARTH WILL FALL APART AND THERE WON’T BE ANYTHING LEFT!  AAAHH!!!”

Person A:  “You’re an artist, aren’t you?”

Person B:  “Yes, but…”

Person A:  “You’re not being very creative here with this abusive, foul rant.  I think you’re just fighting with your own imagination and creating a false illusion about what’s defined in reality.” 

Person B:  “I don’t know about all this information.  English isn’t my best subject and people try to define me too often.  Are you a critic or something?”

Person A:  “You can say that if you’d like.  But, I’m not one of those villains in your imagination.”

Person B:  “Meaning…?”

Person A:  “Everything you’ve created in your art is in your head.  There’s no ghosts or monsters or extremely angry teachers… it’s just all in your head.  So you must stop telling people in real life they’re in some kind of “hell” or stop using weird, imaginary excuses on anonymous people.  Those ‘demons inside’ could really be phantasms, or figments of the imagination.”

Person B:  “But I don’t know if I trust critics.”

Person A:  “I know, you think they’re unreal.  But believe me when I say that critics are not Barney the Dinosaur, or Robin Hood, or Darth Vader, or Satan or anything like that.  Do you believe there’s a God out there?”

Person B:  “No.”


Person A:  “Then you can’t believe that Satan or hell exists.”

No comments:

Post a Comment