Translate

Thursday, February 14, 2019

Videogame Review, Space War for the Fairchild Channel F Videogame System



Videogame Review, Space War for the Fairchild Channel F Videogame System


You don’t have to do anything.  Or, you can do something less than doing something, and this space game does have particulars for greatening or lessening depending on a ship’s location to its base.  Masterminds can have a go at Space War for relentless, chaotic laser battles.  Fairchild videogames were actually some of the 1st video games and so Space War might seem bare on its lack of computer opponents; however, the star bases are designed like irregular triangles and there’s this subtle form of nostalgia on my 70’s fandom.  A huge violation was done in service to the game cartridge’s box though: a plain, old white box; no decor, no advertisement.  Maybe the Fairchild programmers were tagging along with the JC Penny look.  A bit of variety exists in the box designs, the console designs, the game designs, and, from a company’s variety of products, that very company can accidentally compete with itself.  The spaceships move fast enough and it gets fun to tag along with a base from time to time while getting clobbered by the heat-seeking opponent.  I’ve played with my dad; he’s the best.  He’s never actually heard of the Fairchild videogame system and I believe nerds can get into the hot seat of conversation when they claim, “So many people are into videogames…”, and a cable TV viewer, from seeing such off-the-wall documentaries on videogames, may just switch it over to another channel on cable and leave the parrots out to dry.  Let me tell my readers right now that I never grew up in the 70’s.  However, I can relate to the 70’s because so many hobbies and chores have been passed down onto us from the 70’s media in books, movies, video games leftover from the past, etc.  I traded games for the Nintendo Entertainment System to other school students during the 2000’s.  And, so, honestly, I only care so much about playing with the Fairchild beyond its prime.  Would you say an old-fashioned tennis game is “obsolete”?  Would you say Pac-Man is “obsolete”?  Would you say Ancient Roman equipment is “obsolete”?  No!  So why would any of us say that playing a game in outer space is obsolete?  Denial of the existence of hate speech in of itself is hate speech.  People just want to have fun, enjoy their games, and not be constantly bothered by somebody’s rant against video games.  Basically when it comes to my criticism of games I have to choose my battles.  I know I’m never going to be an astronaut, yet Space War can invite me into the general, vernacular idea of the popular concept, and, if I had a brand new Fairchild in the 70’s with shiny, new equipment and a nice budget for eating in classic dining restaurants, I think I’d be a happy camper.  I’m still a happy camper; it’s just technically not the 70’s anymore.  Do you want to have a happier life?  Well, what I suggest, is that you never feel powerless when restrictions are placed on you.  So don’t say things like, “We can’t say anything anymore.”  With enough imagination and sensation built up overtime you’ll find it in your heart to place a good expression here and there if it means well.  And I say, “Play Space War!”



No comments:

Post a Comment