Translate

Friday, April 19, 2019

Videogame Review, Pac-Man for the VCS Cartridge Adapter (Atari 5200 Device, Atari 2600 Gold Joystick)




Videogame Review, Pac-Man for the VCS Cartridge Adapter (Atari 5200 Device, Atari 2600 Gold Joystick)


My blogging on video games is very educational.  What we have here is Pac-Man for the Atari 2600 and it’s played off of my VCS Cartridge Adapter for the Atari 5200 console.  Except for the Atari Jaguar and Atari Lynx and Atari Pong, the Atari 2600 console was the worst Atari console you could’ve bought in the late-1990’s.  The Atari 7800 and Atari 5200 played Atari 2600 games already.  So, what was the Atari 2600 good for by the late-90’s?  Nostalgia, perhaps.  I’m being purely technical and not letting my historianship be affected by false emotions.  How could’ve the Atari 5200 been one of the worst videogame consoles ever if the console played most Atari 2600 games AND Atari 5200 games?  Now don’t get emotional: angry, upset, raged, etc.  I’m just putting in my case on poorly-thinking Atari gamers.  Not only can I play the brilliantly designed Pac-Man for the Atari 5200, I can play the Atari 2600 version of Pac-Man on the same console through a device Atari treated like a console and even provided warranty and repair for at fair costs.  So much of Atari would’ve been California-based; that means, lots of shoppers with extra money and raising kids who practiced games for fun and pleasure during times at school or work or both.  The Atari 2600 version speaks in its qualities- lots of ghosts to eat, irregular, fantastic tunnels, robotic appeal, the “glowing orb” or fruit, and so many things which add up to the entertainment.  Pac-Man is actually very good to play off of a recent app made for the Galaxy s9 phone I have; however, using a gold joystick for my Atari machine does present me with a lot of nostalgia for gaming because there’s just something, just something, about tilting movements given from a bulky controller as opposed to a mobile tablet.  Besides, my phone is only mobile when it’s charged up in enough energy for the situation.  Sometimes my phone needs charging and I have to sit near a plug outlet for the gameplay in Pac-Man.  Atari 5200 console?  Well, pretty much the same.  A nice variety of difficulty levels keep me coming back to the Atari 2600 version and I don’t have to read some excessively long EULA contract to play the old Atari 2600 game.  Graphics and sounds from the VCS Cartridge Adapter compare to those from the Atari 2600 Jr. for Pac-Man.  Controls feel more comfortable thanks to the playing field.  Too much user-end information isn’t good for a largely uneducated video game player- in fact, I didn’t even learn to read very well until after I spent some time in a university and realized what my potential was, and, plagiarism was only talked about by teachers in my university: no other school taught me anything about it.  Educational sources need to press down enough information for the secondary school students so that we’re not so bombarded with inexplicable copyright infringements. 



No comments:

Post a Comment