Translate

Friday, April 26, 2019

Videogame Review, Space Harrier 2 for the Sega Genesis (Played on Nintendo Wii w/ New Wii Plus Remote)



Videogame Review, Space Harrier 2 for the Sega Genesis (Played on Nintendo Wii w/ New Wii Plus Remote)


The game is broken.  Yep, I said it.  Of course the Nintendo Wii does have a big library of games and Space Harrier 2 fills the awkward emulation category.  Actually this is a Genesis game that should’ve been included with different Sega Genesis emulation consoles because the audio and graphics speak in a lot of the same quality.  My Nintendo Wii Plus remote has its fire buttons.  That is, my Wii controller has buttons for firing although they really feel less comfortable to deal with than fire buttons of a brand new Intellivision 2 controller.  Honest!  I’m not joking!  I’ve been able to play Astrosmash for longer without getting my firing finger busted up.  Maybe I’m drifting off into space… oh, wait.  I am!  Space Harrier 2 lets you choose the world needed in contact for shooting mayhem; this is curious to me, since I’ve dealt with games that are so buggy and unplayable we need more time just to fix our attention span back up.  There’s no animation in the game very much- from moments on end, you’ll run into towers, bushes, and aliens which just pop up out of nowhere with no given, subtle movement in progress.  I really paid attention; that’s something rare for a schizophrenic individual like me.  My mind does get in sharp contact with video games and I naturally refer to video games with complete, total focus.  TV?  Cable?  Well, I ignore a lot of what’s on TV.  People get glued to the tube and can’t find their remotes at times.  So at least this awkward galaxy shooter does make me lure myself into the picture from the ongoing arrivals of Martians and other creatures- you know, tigers with wings and flapping dragons and such things.  Obviously this game isn’t real.  If you’ve read the first sentence in this review you already get the idea.  My suggestion is that there’s games which are broken due to electricity problems and that there’s games which are broken due to program issues.  Space Harrier 2 fills the second kind even if electricity is related.  Creatures just pop out of nowhere; so, I must fly all over the damn screen and shoot like an uninterested maniac to get anywhere from point A to point B even, let alone point A to point D.  Points in my high scores are naturally high but that doesn’t matter.  My thumb is pretty sore; my wrist is fine.  Space Invaders for the Atari 5200 is a smooth, rich shooter while Space Harrier 2 is more like a joke Sega is making.  This Sega Genesis game isn’t better than the Atari 5200 game; instead, it just expands its horizons with tons of glitches and errors I find deplorable.  There’s a difference between having “better graphics” and having “more graphics”.  Space Harrier 2 has more graphics; however, the graphics aren’t better.





No comments:

Post a Comment