Translate

Monday, June 10, 2019

Videogame Review, Ms. Pac-Man for the Nintendo Gameboy (w/ New Gameboy)



Videogame Review, Ms. Pac-Man for the Nintendo Gameboy (w/ New Gameboy)


Shadows are part of the game.  With my reading lamp, the Gameboy, and Ms. Pac-Man there’s bias coming onto the screen from a lurking shadow which covers part of the left side and leaves the left elevators more hidden.  That’s part of Nintendo’s design even if my reading lamp is more modern than the Gameboy.  A function exists in the game that resets the difficulty level each time the game is over and there’s need to restart from menu selections.  Loading sections in the dot matrix video have taken a little longer than I’ve remembered them taking in the past.  Designs around the room in architecture and technology revolve on the video game experience because, even with visuals on my Gameboy, additional looks and visuals surround me in my hotspot for gaming.  It can be understood why Pong machines and Gameboy portables were popular when first released- that’s due to the fact (if we can grasp the meaning) different environments were accessible for those vintage machines and it seemed like our state of mind was everywhere.  Games come and go and leave visuals in the works.  However, we live our lives for video games, the materialism gets expanded horizons from our reliance on game, environment, and player.  If Ms. Pac-Man had existed without our surroundings and ourselves there would be no video games to begin with; “Pixels” tried to touch on that aspect as a movie despite the poor acting from gamers and celebrities alike.  “Hard” is a mode on Ms. Pac-Man for the Gameboy which extends the periods of gaming into a massive, colossal fight in relation to Astroblast for the Atari 2600 console machine.  Personally I didn’t care much for Astroblast during my earlier youth since my mood was sort of low and not very excited, and, my fascination with “Hard” for Ms. Pac-Man can be due to the schizophrenia having changed my depressing anger and self-defeat of pleasure.  The age of 27 seemed to be my breaking point in psychology.  Anyways.  Playing Ms. Pac-Man on the Gameboy is very exciting: Arcade, 1/2 mode, and Hard.  Honestly I’ve always played this video game alone.  Recently I’ve been shifting through some changes in my gameplay techniques and have found the Intellivision disk to be more precise in terms of input but less precise in terms of my input for its input; the Gameboy plays very well, it’s such a relief to play with a white Gameboy for a change because Evan’s red Gameboy would’ve been the original household icon in my family prior to the N64 console and my collection of used white Gameboys in pre-addition to the new white one.  It gets crazy on Hard and I believe gamers will enjoy this version of Ms. Pac-Man even if the elevator movements are similar to the hyperspace function in Intellivision’s Astrosmash without the odd fixtures of disc-control gameplay, since the Gameboy’s direction pad is a T-button overall and goes well for a thumb in a limited range of movements like those for Lock ’N’ Chase for, once again, the Intellivision.  Also, the T-button is different compared to the Intellivision disc by the nature existing between my thumb and the corner-to-corner functions of direction pad control.  The direction pad is like a disc with the corners cut off.  My word can never be used to mean everything but at least we’re in for a surprise.


No comments:

Post a Comment