Translate

Saturday, June 1, 2019

Videogame Review, Super Mario Land for the Nintendo Gameboy (w/ My Original Gameboy from Childhood)



Videogame Review, Super Mario Land for the Nintendo Gameboy (w/ My Original Gameboy from Childhood)


I started playing Super Mario Land during my teenager years.  The game combines a lot of designs in one package; its flow of arcade gameplay constantly goes through drifts of information geared towards Princess Daisy’s trouble near the gigantic bumble bee boss.  Everything can play like an interactive video if you’re familiar enough with the course- we’re coming to the end where Mario and Daisy get together on a plane and just fly into the sky with nowhere in particular for mind.  My direction pad has a unique bias to it since the portable has been used for a long period of time with intermittent storage eras.  The Gameboy’s screen has scratches; and, honest (I swear to God) I don’t know where half of them came from; my guess is that the portable experienced scratch marks from being stored in couches and blankets in my elementary/middle school childhood.  At so many times we in my family thought the Gameboy was broken; but, nope.  I just needed to insert the game right and play on.  While heading to a postmark jewel under the seas I got to thinking, “This is Centipede in the ocean.”  It’s true!  During the submarine excavation near the coast I’ve left lots of ammunition for the upcoming enemies by pressing and holding the auto-fire button.  Not only do I shoot enemies, but I also shoot blocks which might as well represent the barrier-enhancing mushrooms from the Centipede series.  Jumping on big rocks brings to mind Asteroids and Vanguard if the ship in Vanguard ever became an asteroid hovering over lowered spikes along the cliffsides.  Whenever Mario finishes a course and finds Daisy in a shape-shifted form it’s like a dream that breaks off a piece from some other sleep in hell.  Many courses literally play like hell if it’s given pretty colors and cheesy music.  You know?  La la la la?  You’ll find the controls to be comforting on a used Gameboy; and, honestly, due to the fact that my Gameboy has survived all these years from relatively minor abuse someone would really have to hold a grudge against a Gameboy to make it broken and non-working.  Usually when I see a broken Gameboy on eBay I think of an abusive bully who plays videogames- whack, whack, slam, slam, thunk, thunk, etc.  Going on an airplane is like going on a submarine.  Perhaps the Gameboy must keep its floating hostilities in check while the flow of gameplay occurs on the part of invincible blocks and even an invisible ledge towards the shelf of a surprise unit.  Holding B, then pushing A repeatedly on given circumstances is very relaxing with the aged buttons and, maybe, a new Gameboy doesn’t have all of the advantages of a used Gameboy.



No comments:

Post a Comment