Translate

Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Poem- “Elementary School and Fast Food”

“Elementary School and Fast Food”


I was taking math tests during elementary school.

The math tests were pretty easy.

But, I needed 100% grades for a nice reward.

What was the nice reward?

Fast food!

My teacher, Nale, was rewarding fast food for 100% grades in math.

The math was elementary.

We had levels of math for grades and records of times.

Nale was using a timer, and other timers, depending on the students.

Each student had his or her own skills with math.

There was a chart of listed grades.

Nale would place a glittery star sticker for each math test 100% completed.

By student name, the student could know his or her progress.

I was very good with math.

So, I was eating a lunch of fast food with my elementary school teacher.

I enjoyed many lunches.

Do you know what’s funny about all this?

We were not smoking.


Today, some people believe that fast food is smoking.

Does a word like “smoking” describe my childhood past with Nale?

No, it does not.

Why?

We were not smoking.

We were not calling it smoking.

We were just “enjoying lunch” and “having a treat”.

It was not smoking.

It was fast food.


And, today, I never call fast food “smoking” at all.

“Smoking” is a false label for fast food.

Nale was not smoking.

I was not smoking.

For my childhood, we were not smoking.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Elementary-School-and-Fast-Food-909307286

No comments:

Post a Comment