Translate

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Videogame Review, Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Driver for the Gameboy Color (w/ Gameboy Advance)



Videogame Review, Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Driver for the Gameboy Color (w/ Gameboy Advance)


Reviewers for this game were in a rush.  What this program boils down to is a speedy recovery system which gets overcompensated from its system of moves and landings; it’s possible to land on a ramp when it’s really far away from your little kid’s vehicle and I’m wondering how reviewers just wrote off this bad collision detection as “fun”.  It may be true that there’s fun here but I’m also looking for dignity from a program because working along the lines for gameplay ought to enhance glory as opposed to interpreting it in diminishing returns.  Here, you pick a tiny car and go on a toy road system.  Going from start to finish makes disordered progress as the cars seem to pop out of nowhere; one time, my 2nd-place opponent went ahead of me when the game didn’t show what it did- suddenly, it just popped ahead.  Buggy games often relax on physics when we’re trying to count the sheep and I’m not sure how I could define myself as a shepherd for Hot Wheels in this contraption.  Tricks you can use in the racing game are… well, tricky.  At least there’s a smooth deal of flow from the fact each car doesn’t collide with any other vehicle on the child’s pretend roadway system taking place in locations from backyards to barns.  The landing system is too technical for it to be fun for an unknowing child- I know this because children just want to play with their toys, aren’t likely to be methodical in numerical performances, and, more to the point, getting a trick made from the brake button is really confusing!  Am I supposed to stop or keep going?  Keeping time in the game is of no importance.  This is strange, since adults do like having their timers near children and challenging them to great, wild performances even if the childhood recklessness turns off the neighbors a bit.  When I attempt doing a backflip it feels like I should be braking somehow.  You know, push button back, make car go back; but no, the car keeps its velocity in the contrary against my plea for less movement.  Scenery in each course is generally built up of artifacts and tokens of appreciation due to Mattel’s interest in appealing to children of all ages- that is, all backgrounds, all house types, all personality kinds, etc.  At times I wish the car I’ve decided to use would be anything of remarkable power unlike its current, flimsy state.  Of course this is a Hot Wheels game and it does represent real-life vehicles through flimsy toys of which I’d prefer less of for actual performance in the fields.  Who wants to make a sacrifice for a hobby that eventually ends early without further interest?



No comments:

Post a Comment