Translate

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Videogame Review, Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Driver for the Nintendo Gameboy Color (Played on My Used Original Gameboy from Childhood)






Videogame Review, Hot Wheels: Stunt Track Driver for the Nintendo Gameboy Color (Played on My Used Original Gameboy from Childhood)


You’re probably wondering why there’s no “color” on my Gameboy while playing the Hot Wheels game.  It’s simple- a lot of Gameboy Color games were released; and, a lot of the Gameboy Color games also played on the original, non-color Gameboy portable.  The green background you see in my photo shows up in a light shade because I’ve turned on my reading lamp next to my couch and pointed the original Gameboy towards the light.  All this is necessary for gameplay.  So, if the green background seems dark, you’ll need to get a better lamp for sitting next to or have to adjust the monochrome on the portable itself.  Are the graphics better on my non-color Gameboy?  Yes and no.  While it’s nice to see neat pieces of furniture in buildings where my chosen car races my eyes have changed over the years and looking upon the monochrome screen for specific road-lines gets difficult.  Honestly there has been too many factors involved in my life for me to blame much on the Gameboy.  We’re just so used to modern devices today.  You know?  Phones and devices with light from them?  Unless you get a Gameboy that’s enhanced with a backlit screen you’ll have to contend with the original Gameboy for all of its games if you want black-and-white video- as, thus far, the Nintendo 3DS only had a general armload of Gameboy games available for download, and the original Gameboy (like this red Gameboy I’ve had since childhood) plays so many games in such ways as to make it exclusive in the portables universe.  Blurry lines could’ve resulted from my prolonged ownership of my red Gameboy.  Don’t mistake the “black-and-white” graphics though.  It can actually be really fantastic to see vivid, wide-open backgrounds during the chase between me and the other Hot Wheel cars for each race.  From this point in my review I must confess that I’m just being figurative about my Gameboy screen having “no color” due to the fact green and dark shades of grey both remain to be colors on my watch for scientific expedition: playing old video games and remarking on their characteristics.  My direction pad, B, and A all work; however, the Start and Select buttons have become very stubborn in their push; perhaps these buttons have aged differently from each other by the common use for direction pad, B, and A and the rare use for Start and Select.  (Best Electronics is a company located in California which deals with Atari games and they’ve explained under their “Atari 5200” section the problem of firing and button-use with old devices.)  The gameplay is still buggy.  My car can mysteriously lose to another car while I’m ahead of it, I can lose myself in my own tricks off the child’s ramps, and, the password system is totally unnecessary.  Maybe crazy people will like this game but I’m sticking to Donkey Kong for the Gameboy when I can.  Besides, because there’s more visuals in this Gameboy Color game, there’s too many forms of visuals I need unavailable contrasting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment