Translate

Saturday, September 7, 2019

Videogame Review, Ford Truck Mania for the Playstation (w/ Brand New PS One Console)



Videogame Review, Ford Truck Mania for the Playstation (w/ Brand New PS One Console)


Reality isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.  Ford is an important car company, and, from this game I receive more in color than style.  Once or so my truck went flying in the air beyond some hill close to its edge near the upcoming roadways and my truck tumbled like nobody’s business.  Trucks come and go- particulars to note are the roadways, the weather patterns, the sweet rock music, the memory saves, the darkening and brightening paths and more.  I’m still waiting for my Ford trucks to do what they’re supposed to do.  Instead, each truck drives like a maniac on the road and weather patterns don’t make me think straight, especially when my truck gets stained with mud and not the other crashing, launching vehicles.  At least the generic background is familiar and not so chaotic; then again, camera angles in Ford Truck Mania tend to force me into coarse shifts of movement in gear for spooky corners.  Different stretches in the Amazon become prohibitive in terms of sky lines hidden from view where rain should be making more of a splash from its partial animation and, once again, I’m seeing the problem of animation versus still frames on 32-bit platforms.  Mario Kart 64 was more of a triumphant failure; in fact, the watery effects on Koopa Koopa Beach remain as a sharp formation of minimalism when Mario or one of his friends mark each tide waiting in view by progression of lights, camera, and action.  So Mario Kart 64 is higher up than Ford Truck Mania; however, both games suffer from very sensitive controls.  At times it seems like my truck has to dial in the movements based on my thumb’s touch for the direction pad rather than its exposure in general shipping and handling under the PS One’s control interface.  I just know this.  Editing, or maintaining, a truck’s paint job shouldn’t be as massive a choice as Gotham Games makes it out to be.  There’s also limitations in truck variety compared to the car variety of Miracle Space Race and Miracle Space Race involves more serious driving and technique even though it’s a children’s program.  Thus far it seems like Ford Truck Mania is another one of those drifts which were made under capitalism that lifted the front but didn’t pull it back when deemed necessary.  The rumble feature is excellent on my PS One controller and definitely Ford Truck Mania can kick some Sega Dreamcast games out of the water.  I also enjoy seeing a small little hut in the Amazonian rain.







No comments:

Post a Comment