Translate

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Videogame Review, Popeye for the Atari 5200




Videogame Review, Popeye for the Atari 5200

This game is a rose with one ultimate thorn which renders it useless.  I try considering the graphics, visuals, sounds, and controls to be brilliant until I realize each time I begin a session again that the glass bottles just don’t break when they need to once Popeye’s enemy has thrown them.  A serious, fatal error like this interprets the beauty into a false petal.  Maybe the Video Game Critic approved of this game because he was so thrilled by the images and music and joystick that he was willing to die again and again to see the whole picture.  And it’s a rose with the ultimate thorn.  Some Atari 5200 “fans” have rightly detested and hated this Popeye game due to its ultimate thorn- the glass bottles don’t always break.  No reference to alcohol is given in this review unless readers want to be imaginative about Popeye; he is definitely a sailor.  He’ll eat a can of spinach and pound his main boss off the stairs into the seas.  Enough humor is programmed.  You’ll have to make an exception to the glass-bottle error when viewing the whole picture’s dynamics for the sailing world our hero takes privilege in, minus the collision detection issues from the glass bottles.  Are they glass bottles?  It looks like glass bottles to me.  The lady who Popeye has to rescue has her name in cursive over the box filled with hearts, blood, sweat, and tears.  Boys & Girls Club in my youth had a Popeye arcade machine that I never played and still wonder about today.  Man!  If only I could’ve predicted the future and known what’s in store from the videogame world; but alas, I knew nothing about the Atari 5200 console before the day I saw Angry Video Game Nerd’s review of the videogame console just mentioned.  He thinks to this day the controller is faulty.  Would I say that?  Hell, no!  As long as we’ve got working parts in the 5200 controller it works just fine.  However, I’ll say that people can’t play the Atari 5200 console very well unless they have money and time and not just one of the two.  Tonight, on this night, I got my 5200 motherboard hooked up.  I had my motherboard, gold controller, wires and power all set up for Popeye, and what do I get?  Everything but the damn bottles!  The bottles in the Popeye game just simply won’t break at a consistent basis.  Graphics really go far here.  I’ve seen ladders, stairs, bottles, spinach, ships, hearts, enemies, sailors, oceans, tattoos, and more, and they’re all rendered ineffective from an ultimate thorn of doom, and that’s collision detection!




https://youtu.be/7wrl2D-QSHA

No comments:

Post a Comment