Translate

Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Poem- “Another Language”

“Another Language”


Do you know what my position is for a foreign country?

If I do not speak their language, I usually have no position for it.

Think about what it means to “not speak” a foreign language.

What does it mean to never speak a foreign language?

Here’s what it means:


I can’t speak to the foreign country.

I can’t speak to the foreigners.

I can’t speak to just about everyone who lives in the foreign country.

I have no education that comes from the foreign country.

I don’t go to their schools, their businesses, and their houses.

I can’t read any book from the foreign country.

I look at their foreign language in a book and can’t speak it.

That means I can’t read their books, newspapers, or anything with print.

By the foreign country’s standards, I am uneducated and illiterate.

So, even having a position for the foreign country is an outrageous act.

I would probably say something belligerent and confusing.


As such, I don’t have a position for a foreign country I can’t talk with.

That’s my personal wisdom as a philosopher.


Most conservatives in America aren’t philosophers at all.

They often have positions on China.

But, most conservatives in America don’t even speak Chinese.

What do they know?

They know almost nothing and just pretend noise.


So that’s my position.

I do speak a little Spanish and make a little view on the Spanish.

Unless I speak a foreign language, I have little or no position for it.

That includes the foreign country, the foreigners, and the foreign language.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Another-Language-896740669

No comments:

Post a Comment