Translate

Sunday, November 14, 2021

Videogame Review, Pac-Man for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Nintendo Wii and Wii Classic Controller)

Videogame Review, Pac-Man for the Nintendo Entertainment System (w/ Nintendo Wii and Wii Classic Controller)


Pac-Man is a challenging game for players who are used to guns and shooters.  You must control a handsome character named Pac-Man and eat ghosts directly.  This was very much like the arcade machine original.  Still, the tunnels are shorter for Pac-Man and travel is less possible in greater speeds of difficulty.  What I do, when playing an “old” game again, is I only play the game after forgetting about it for a long time.  That way I can be sure I’m being fair and honest with reviewing.  You do notice the points in Pac-Man.  It’s satisfying to eat ghost after ghost for the increasing award of bonus.  Dodging matters even when I’m not earning points at all.  My Wii Classic controller is very good for the game even if the gameplay of Pac-Man is obviously an illusion of safety and an exaggeration of danger.  A religious fundamentalist would laugh whenever I mention Pac-Man.  Sure, you see ghosts turn blue and more colors.  But we know Pac-Man is fiction and fantasy.  The Bible contains history told in vernacular and mythology.  Americans are comfortable with some exact information.  Humans from our ancient past didn’t have this luxury.  An American can still walk into a video game arcade gaming room and play Pac-Man.  That’s our modern way of entertainment.  Our ancient past?  Nobody in the ancient past had internet, television, or phone.  Delivery of goods in the ancient past was slow, dangerous, and rumor-ous.  So I’m happy to play Pac-Man.  I’m happy I can play some excellent video games and not worry about digging a hole in the restroom.  Of course, I’m still at risk.  Pac-Man does give me a pleasing thought; too pleasing, in fact.  I’m sure Pac-Man gets confused in the maze.  A player feels this with occasional lack of control that’s unavoidable.  Sometimes you’re going to wonder if holding buttons back can push them forward.  It’s possible.  I’m getting ahead of myself yet again.  2 Player mode was something more special at the arcade when I was inviting total strangers to play with me at once.  The Nintendo Entertainment System was not always a great sharing thing.  Old players usually remember Pac-Man; it seems like most everybody in video games knows Pac-Man.  It’s too bad most people use the internet for rumors when they already know what’s going on without mentioning it.  Even for internet there’s millions of rumors that no one will ever read.  My neighbors in Tehachapi probably give lies to themselves from time to time during traffic.  Pac-Man is a symbol of “old traffic manners” compared to the modern living.  It’s not ancient.  It’s not primitive.  As a matter of fact, Nintendo and Atari were both making video games in the past.  Nintendo and Atari still make games.  Zelda and Pac-Man are old games.  Pac-Man is like a puzzle game when my mental capacity is active and engaging.  The Nintendo Wii shopping channel is gone.  But, when I’m playing Pac-Man years later, I have few regrets about the classic game.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Pac-Man-NES-and-Wii-Classic-Controller-897916479

No comments:

Post a Comment