Translate

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Poem- “A Question and the Answer”

“A Question and the Answer”


There’s a question.

You don’t know the answer.

A normal teacher says, “You can guess what the answer is.”

She is not very thoughtful for her comment.

I say this, for my philosophy:


Ignorance is better than falsehood.

Just say you don’t know the answer if you don’t know the answer.

That’s a wise thing to do.

Giving random answers to impossible questions is disorderly conduct.

Opinions and rumors are made from such random answers.

For real evidence, for true details, I don’t recommend it.

A man can be so honest for just saying he doesn’t know.

It’s falsehood that gives us the most problems, not ignorance.

Think about it!

Do you correct a person who doesn’t know?

Or, do you correct a person who lies?

Schools have this problem.

Most teachers correct both ignorance and falsehood.

I don’t understand this.

Why should it be my fault for not knowing?

What if I really don’t know?

Can’t it be that “ignorance is bliss” and all is well?

How come ignorance and falsehood decrease the same grade?

I just don’t get it.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/A-Question-and-the-Answer-898159679

No comments:

Post a Comment