Translate

Thursday, November 18, 2021

Videogame Review, Race with Ryan for the Xbox One

Videogame Review, Race with Ryan for the Xbox One


In some ways, Race with Ryan is better than Super Mario Kart.  That’s not a fair comparison but it’s true.  You do have more of a guide in terms of instruction and visual.  Race with Ryan is kind of a YouTube thing going on.  It’s a game that’s careful with presenting difficulty and that’s understandable.  I’m very comfortable while playing this game.  Even on Expert mode, I feel comfortable.  Well, I’m comfortable unless I must consider other features.  Backgrounds are usually pretty good; however, weapons usually look fake.  A paper airplane should’ve been the highlight but, instead, it’s a confusing tool.  I may even see the paper airplane disappear into the ground.  Video quality is often a problem.  For example, if you listen to Ryan and his friends, you will notice false feedback.  I will win 1st place in a race with a pink cat and the pink cat will say, “I could do better.”  That comment would only make sense for the pink cat if she was losing.  Here, she wins 1st place and says, “I could do better.”  That’s arrogant.  Then again, we do run into players who get arrogant in some fashion.  A panda in the game will say, “Buzz off!”  That speaks of aggressive behavior.  Of course, when I play as the panda and win 1st place, the panda can still say, “Buzz off!”  I don’t get that.  Racing courses take place with lots of color and a variety of lights.  It’s hard to see my weapons just in general.  Maybe the camera is too close to the driver, or, the camera needs to move up more.  Sometimes I wonder if I’m playing against Ryan or if I’m playing as Ryan.  The game is not so clear.  For some reason, using the right thumbstick on my Xbox One controller lets me look behind my driver; that’s awkward, because, not only does a real button already do this action, but I must stop driving to use the right stick on my controller.  The game is not just low price; it’s also cheap.  That’s not really good.  I know YouTube creators like Ryan have limited experience with video games.  At least he’s making YouTube videos.  I was still learning how to use obsolete computers (vintage PC) in my childhood and YouTube was not available in elementary school.  I respect Ryan for being a little modern.  Xbox One games do use high definition TV.  Well, at least in theory.  As we often see, Xbox One games are the mix of sounds and visuals.  An Xbox One game can have low volume and high volume at the same time.  Race with Ryan is no exception to this Xbox One rule.  Sometimes, I can barely hear; sometimes, I can barely cover my ears from all the loud noise.  “High definition” is often the mixing, the shifting, the changing of sounds and visuals and we get questionable feature presentations.  Even today, Xbox One is not always a great machine for real video.  So, while I did earn all the race trophies, I was expecting more quality to the small quantity.  The small quantity of gameplay should’ve been good enough for the video quality to happen.  Yet, I was wrong about this.  At least Race with Ryan is not another impossible game for us to be really frustrated about.  Over the years (I’m 34 years old), I’ve played impossible games on a grand scale between crazy and psychotic.  Race with Ryan is comfortable to play with unless I remember the false feedback.  It’s a challenging game with some modest glitter.  With enough elbow grease and knowledge, you can understand Ryan’s vision if you combine Race with Ryan with some of Ryan’s YouTube videos.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Race-with-Ryan-Xbox-One-898321420

No comments:

Post a Comment