Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Videogame Review, Frogger for the Atari 5200 Super System




Videogame Review, Frogger for the Atari 5200 Super System

Have you been doing poorly in this game?  A lot of critics have pointed their daggers at this refined classic and I suspect it’s because they’ve been using the wrong hand for the joystick and haven’t witnessed related videos on YouTube about use for the 5200.  Not having learnt Japanese and written Japanese characters can be a factor in addition to easier means of destruction.  We’re talking about a system that died long before it could get enough fashion for its innovation.  People can be clueless without fashion because bias is often an indicator of thankless grace before even the light of the spectrum into colors collapses on our darkness for mortal Earth’s changing pieces of nature, like the 5200 joystick since it’s something akin to a controller of controllers, pieces to pieces, as evidenced in a joystick that can act and reveal different movement and functions on those certain circumstances- analog tracking, digital tuning, swift pauses, prolonged action- with the keypad adding to Frogger’s odd joystick situation by showing 4 keys for another position: “keypadding”.  It’s like keyboarding but with a smaller keyboard called a keypad.  Numbers line each other between 0 to 9 and leave two other keys in place- there’s no ABC, but there’s 123.  2 is up, 4 is left, 6 is right, and 8 is down, and that leaves three fingers on the first three numbers mentioned with exception to 8, which is pressed by any finger.  What results in Frogger happens to be picture perfect.  Animals, cars, and natural objects are given an 8-bit lift.  Colors zoom here and there, leaving so much to the imagination, and the natural objects don’t have ridiculous HD you see in poorly designed video games in the modern times.  Just those 2 Frogger games I’ve reviewed for the Wii had differences against each other- one good, one bad.  Neither of those Wii games can be with the other.  Frogger on the Atari 5200 is a true, excellent 8-bit game.  Although my odd joystick situation (joystick, fire buttons) leaves me with more to be desired, whatever that’s desired comes my way and I find myself edging against the TV with a sharp grin under my milky mustache, gazing into the colors and studying along the shapes and sizes given on my TV in retro style fashion, to click red, rubber buttons with such tactical feedback, such reliable bouncing between my fingers and the red pieces, the whole Frogger world almost cries with such sweet horror in its visualized hat: a long, winding road across from the nests into which your green hero (or frog) must excavate for leaves rather than predatory vehicles, most animals, and small rippling tides.  Maybe I’m expressing so much from what excitement there is.  I hop, I hop, I hop.  I get along to the world.  I’ve done well with both hands on my joystick although my left hand seems the best.  My 5200 joystick has parts in it from Japan.  So, how does a Japanese hand compare to an English hand?  The Japanese write thousands of more letters and alphabets than the English do and both sides play video games, so there’s got to be significant differences between the English and the Japanese as far as what their hands are doing.  Call my analysis typography on videogames.  Because of my realization of these facts, I believe the critics who point their daggers at Frogger and fail to realize the Japanese parts are racists since they’ve become ignorant of what goes into their hands.  They’re culturally blind.  Imagine getting into the Japanese language like I have, as many Californians have, and getting lost in the flavors observed in Japanese language, where even common sense can’t be translated!  Realization of what I can and can’t do makes me less racist.  I know I’m not supposed to criticize the 5200 joystick and act as if it’s totally American.  Frogger’s concept itself was made by Konami and other companies, including Japanese interest. Not to mention there’s more than what meets the eye in terms of gaming values for Frogger- a purple queen can bite the dust, a racing car can lose bits of its speed of light against 8-bit glory, more nests get threatened from the oncoming logs and disputable, floating shells.  Gamers of the Atari 5200 are considered a minority in my book for which I’m included in the joystick/keypad action.  If you’re an owner of any video-game system that wasn’t successful in its era of release, you are in a minority.  Because gamers can own both successful and unsuccessful videogame systems, they can belong to majorities and minorities as far as console wars go.  Still there’s a lot to remark on when concerning some of the repair guys of 5200 joysticks on Ebay- they mix old and new parts.   Our controllers can wear down easier through the mixture of old and new parts, as such mixing can be blasphemous.      



https://youtu.be/FElxhCTmfDw

No comments:

Post a Comment