Translate

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Videogame Review, The Fast and the Furious: Drift for the Arcade (Original Arcade Machine)

Videogame Review, The Fast and the Furious: Drift for the Arcade (Original Arcade Machine)


This was a classic racing game for the arcade.  It was “the best driver” on Earth.  Now, it’s an obsolete classic.  You can tell.  It’s a very old racing game.  The Fast and the Furious: Drift was designed for players in their teenage years.  Today, at Round Table Pizza in Tehachapi, California, the game is rated for All Ages.  Honestly, I feel like a baby when I play this game.  Maybe the gears, notions, and machine parts would’ve made the game appear to be real.  From a modern view of racing, I think Mario Kart 64 is more real than The Fast and the Furious: Drift.  Problems start from the beginning of gameplay.  While racing a “normal” race, my racing car will crash into hundreds of metal road signs and never stop.  What were the programmers thinking?!  You will see earthquakes while racing and the road can ruin your parade.  Manual Drive is available; however, because the game is so fake and stupid, why on Earth would you do that?!  At least you can pay for imaginary car equipment with extra quarters.  For $5 to $10 dollars, you can please yourself with a cheap thrill ride.  The game may be raw.  Of course, I think the game is too raw.  Camera angles are very erratic and pointless with entertaining ignorance.  I was racing this game near kids.  When I was playing the game on a night course, and, when the children were watching me “drive”, they saw that something was terribly wrong.  A kid said, “He can’t see at night!”  I think he was right.  I was playing on night courses.  The night courses were so bad I was as blind as a bat.  So many sections of the road do not have street lights.  This means, while racing, I’m crashing into unknown “stuff” that happens upon me in the night, and my vehicle looks really lame.  How does a racing car crash into hundreds of walls and signs and keep going?!  I was laughing.  I was having a “good” time.  But, not for the right reasons.  It’s a cheap thrill ride.  Some graphics look dated and beautiful; some graphics are just plain video.  Inserting quarters for building my car equipment is only handy for look and appearance.  Actually, I was racing with a pink car and I was adding glittery stickers and “angel horns” to my vehicle.  I did not hear much music.  Why is that?  I think it’s because Round Table Pizza put the music volume on low, so as to not disturb the restaurant guests while they eat their food.  I was eating first before racing the game.  I had 12 Hot Buffalo Boneless Wings and 3 Garlic Twists.  With a Diet Pepsi, my meal was good, and I had a cheaper deal with coupons.  How is the racing game?  The Fast and the Furious: Drift has seen better days.  The courses look just as fake as my driver.  I just did Automatic Drive.  The Manual Drive option is a waste since the game is not real enough for manual drive.  Fantasy and fiction are the greater notice for this arcade machine game.  Unfortunately, the racing game is not in production anymore.  The arcade machine at Round Table Pizza must be used.  Well, it’s in good condition, for a comfortable lobby in the restaurant.  The Fast and the Furious: Drift is awful.  Everything plays like baby toys.  If this was real to gamers of the past, they did not know much about Crazy Taxi.  I would rather play Crazy TaxiCrazy Taxi is not real, but it’s more reasonable for abstraction of entertainment and fun.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-The-Fast-and-the-Furious-Drift-Arcade-912665199

No comments:

Post a Comment