Translate

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Poem- “Poetry and Accent”

“Poetry and Accent”


Take away your accent coach and get her out of my sight.

I am a poet.


What does your accent coach know about poetry?


I am a poet.


Mind your own business.

Do you think I’m in your house and watching you read?


I will not change my voice for your political bias.

Yes, that includes Hollywood.

Do I look like a Hollywood actor here?


I am a poet.

And, with truth and philosophy, my words here will be enough.


No human being speaks every language on Earth.

Only “God” speaks every language on Earth.


I am a poet.

I can’t be a universal perfection of voice.

We get “new ideas” and “new fashion” and “new TV” on Earth.

Nobody can get universal perfection of voice.


When I meet people, I just speak for what works and do not mind it.

Do not be psychotic about accents.

I just speak what’s on my mind.

Who cares what somebody else says?

My voice is my voice.


For readers who challenge my poem, leave a comment.

Use correct grammar, correct words, and tell the truth.

Even when readers do not leave their comments, I judge these readers.

I will judge people who are silent.

I will judge people who are quiet.

My judgement will remain.

Some neighbors do not talk to me and I do not give their manners credit.

You should have your judgement.

But, you will face my judgement and we will adjust personal behaviors.

Voice happens all the time.

Who cares?

Just use good grammar and tell the truth.

I tell the truth.

I am a poet.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Poetry-and-Accent-912893941

No comments:

Post a Comment