Translate

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Videogame Review, Arcadia for the ZX Spectrum Computer (w/ New Atari VCS Console, Classic Joystick, and 4K TV)

Videogame Review, Arcadia for the ZX Spectrum Computer (w/ New Atari VCS Console, Classic Joystick, and 4K TV)


Modern technology gets very confusing.  I’m playing ArcadiaArcadia was a game for the ZX Spectrum Computer.  I’m playing Arcadia on my new Atari VCS console, for the 4K TV in my bedroom.  And, I’m using a Classic Joystick.  How confusing is that?!  My Atari VCS console is running the game with “retro” flavors in combination with 4K TV effects.  So, although Arcadia is an old classic game, I’m playing the game with modern equipment, so that I get retro flavors with 4K TV effects.  Does everything work as it should?  It’s hard to tell.  Keep in mind that the ZX Spectrum was a very powerful computer.  My Atari VCS console can play “old” video games from the past.  ZX Spectrum is now old.  Atari’s Classic Joystick does have better handling than Sony’s PS5 controller for Arcadia.  Of course, quality of video is still a struggle.  At least I get a pretty amazing history lesson.  Arcadia does get even better graphics and visuals with my 4K TV.  But, sometimes, from time to time, the video has pops and cracks of TV light.  Joysticking can stop working for 15 seconds after I’ve been using the 2nd fire button for my UFO counter-dodging.  Level #4 is really fun and challenging with the penciling UFO creatures.  Level #2 has been the worst source of frame rate.  In fact, for Level #2, the frame rate can get suddenly better after I’ve been destroying enemies with my ship.  Arcadia is a better game than Galaga.  Yes, that means the ZX Spectrum computer can be better than the Galaga arcade machine.  It depends on the game.  What is my Atari VCS Classic Joystick like?  Well, imagine the Atari 2600 joystick.  Imagine the Atari 2600 joystick, with more elastic movement, two fire buttons, and extra menu buttons.  The Classic Joystick is like the Atari 2600 joystick.  It just has a faster joystick with loose encounter methods.  And, along with the 1st fire button on top of the Atari VCS Classic Joystick, you get the 2nd fire button on the left shoulder.  The 2nd fire button is like an Atari 5200 fire button.  It’s like an Atari 5200 button with greater extension of hard plastic.  The Classic Joystick does not have rubber buttons.  The buttons are very responsive during the absence of bugs and errors.  My new Atari VCS console needs to update off and on for the internet gameplay.  Arcadia was a physical game.  Now, Arcadia is more often an internet program.  It’s quite a nice internet program.  Internet programs are usually computer games that work only for the internet.  There’s only online gameplay for Player 1.  You’re not facing other players on the internet; however, Player One can compete with other players by getting the best high score.  High score really, really matters for Arcadia.  The high score system is harsh, difficult, and bitter.  But it’s challenging with fair math.  Some modern games have “high definition” with false high score systems.  Arcadia generally has a true high score system.  The 4K TV display of retro graphics is original, exciting, and painful to smile at.  We still get menu problems for the new Atari VCS console.  Galaga was a very good “retro” video game.  Here, for this review, I say Arcadia is better than Galaga.  What does this tell you about the Nintendo Entertainment System?  8 bits?  What are 8 bits?  I do question the Nintendo Entertainment System over the 8 bits.




https://www.deviantart.com/gameuniverso/art/Review-of-Arcadia-Spectrum-and-New-Atari-Console-912169276

No comments:

Post a Comment