Translate

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Videogame Review, Double Dragon for the Nintendo Entertainment System (Wii U and Wii U Gamepad)



Videogame Review, Double Dragon for the Nintendo Entertainment System (Wii U and Wii U Gamepad)

Two different game modes let us think otherwise about fighting.  I’m not sure why characters vary in size depending on the game mode; my guess, is that Nintendo allowed the sale of Double Dragon due to the ongoing standard of Player 1 A & B and Player 2 A & B in menu format.  What I find rather irritating is how my fighter has to crawl right up to the edge for my TV screen to move.  A situation like that, as it goes on and on, makes it likely that I’ll fall off a ledge or run into a thug with a dagger.  Camera angles are very problematic for a 2D game like this one: often, and I mean often, my guy can’t seem to find the correct location while enemies approach at unfair degrees, thus quickening my loss of lives because of specific circumstances which force me out terribly.  Sometimes I’ll climb a ladder and the camera won’t even move up with me!  Several guys with big, gigantic heads are over-comedic resulting in laughs from me at them during a failure to communicate.  Did I mention that my fighter has naked feet like Piglet’s?  Where are his shoes?  Picking up weapons gets confusing since the tools of destruction pop in and out depending on intended glitch; I’m wondering if the programmers could’ve just spread out the glitches all over instead of nitpicking handfuls of objects.  In Mode B my CPU opponent keeps jumping up and down like a frog and I can’t really make her stop; however, when I knock her down, it suddenly looks like she’s wearing a Mexican wrestler’s mask although she’s really supposed to have makeup on.  Double Dragon suffers from the lack of 3-button control- there’s A, there’s B, and no C.  So what happens?  Well, for one thing, you’ll have to actually perform a specific kick to jump on platforms in the later stages; the plastic red buttons are sure to put some dent on your thumb from whacking on them repeatedly, especially with those red buttons being hard, tough, and somewhat ungiving in Nintendo’s ergonomic degrees for the 80’s.  It may be true that tough buttons won’t as likely stick upon impact and are sure to leave the rubber contacts inside dust- and germ-free (figuratively speaking), but the hard plastic in the 80’s meant more pressure along the thumb-line; thank goodness for the up-and-down angle given under a thumb’s contact with NES controllers.  Mode A has small characters and Mode B has big characters.  Maybe the programmers could’ve just got rid of Mode B and let characters in Mode A be huge enough for battle.  Visuals, on the environments, are hard to see even off my 55-inch+ TV.  (!!!)  Women in the game aren’t beautiful.  A lady isn’t necessarily going to become sexy from holding a whip and an expression of cleavage if it means she’ll have the evil personality along with curves.  Then again, it’s not written in law that someone has to be sexy.  Many male characters lack eyelets in gross fashion and make themselves foolish in poor CPU.  In the end you’ll find out that the kidnapped woman gets rescued in as much vulnerability to males as ever and, perhaps, she’ll never be independent.  All she has to do is kiss the hero and stop thinking.  Right!




https://youtu.be/CTsyEnm3e6Q


No comments:

Post a Comment